Transfer applicants must have a minimum of 12 attempted college credits with a 2.00 cumulative grade point average (GPA) for admission consideration.
Applicants with fewer than 12 college credits attempted at the time of application will be evaluated using a combination of their official college transcripts, and their high school record. An admission decision will be based on all criteria.
A cumulative GPA is calculated for applicants who have attempted credit at multiple institutions. Applicants not offered to their first choice major will have an opportunity to choose another major.
Although a minimum 2.00 GPA is required for admission consideration, the following 'Majors' have additional admission requirements.
|Communication Sciences and Disorders
(Previously Speech Language Pathology)
|3.20 GPA for admission consideration. Early applications are encouraged, as admission is highly competitive.
||2.50 GPA, to include Calculus I, and the following Computer Science courses or transferable equivalent: CPSC 130, CPSC 131, & CPSC 141 with"C' grades or higher. Applicants missing the required courses may be admitted as pre-majors.
||2.50 GPA, to include Calculus I, and the following Computer Science courses or transferable equivalent: CPSC 130, CPSC 131 & CPSC 141 with "C" grades or higher. Applicants missing the required courses may be admitted as pre-majors.
|Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management
||Applicants are only considered for fall admission, and preference is given to applicants who submit an application and all required materials by February 1, 2018. Admission is highly competitive and seat availability is limited.
The following prerequisite courses, academic criteria, and documents must be completed at the time of application for admission consideration.
- 30 college credits
- 3.25 cumulative GPA or better
- Prerequisite courses listed with a minimum grade of 'B' or 3.00 or better.
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- English Composition
- Introductory/General Statistics
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Cultural Diversity or transferrable equivalent
- Speech Communication or transferrable equivalent
- Applicants must also submit:
- Official college transcripts & SAT Scores: (Sent directly from the sending institution to East Stroudsburg University, Office of Admissions, 200 Prospect Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301.
- Letter of Intent indicating why the applicant wants to pursue the nursing profession. The Letter of Intent must be sent via email directly from the applicant to: Walt Lukow, Associate Director for Transfer Admission at email@example.com. Please indicate the email subject line as: Nursing Intent Letter, and provide your full name, contact information, and year applying in the letter for reference.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from professors at the college level. Recommendation letters must be sent via email attachment with an email subject line: Nursing Letter of Recommendation and sent directly from your reference to: Walt Lukow, Associate Director for Transfer Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org Please ask them to provide your full name, and year applying in the letter for reference.
Please visit the Nursing Academic Department page for more additional information.
|RN to BS in Nursing
||Program offered through the ESU Lehigh Valley Site in Bethlehem, Pa. Registered Nurses applying to the RN-BS in Nursing program must submit the Extended Learning application, and meet the following requirements for admission consideration:
- 2.75 GPA
- Graduation from an NLNAC (National Accrediting Commission) Program.
- Submit an official copy of current Pennsylvania Nursing license.
|Recreation Services Management
|Rehabilitative and Human Services
||2.80 GPA for pre-major (See College of Education requirements)
||You must have less than 60 transferable credits. Applicants with 60 or more transferable credits must select a major other than "Undeclared" in the application process.
Please note: Applicants must maintain the minimum GPA of a 2.00 on the final official college transcript.