Transfer Admission Criteria
Transfer applicants must have a minimum of 12 attempted college credits with a 2.00 cumulative grade point average (GPA) for admission consideration.
Applicants with fewer than 12 college credits attempted at the time of application will be evaluated using a combination of their official college transcripts, and their high school record.
An admission decision will be based on all criteria.
A cumulative GPA is calculated for applicants who have attempted credit at multiple institutions.
Applicants not offered to their first choice major will have an opportunity to choose another major.
The following 'Majors' have additional requirements for admission consideration.
- Communication Sciences and Disorders (Previously Speech Language Pathology)Admissions Requirements: 3.20 GPA for admission consideration. Early applications are encouraged, as admission is highly competitive.
- Computer ScienceAdmissions Requirements: 2.50 GPA, to include Calculus I, and the following Computer Science courses or transferable equivalent: CPSC 130, CPSC 131, & CPSC 141 with 'C' grades or higher. Applicants missing the required courses may be admitted as pre-majors.
- Computer SecurityAdmissions Requirements: 2.50 GPA, to include Calculus I, and the following Computer Science courses or transferable equivalent: CPSC 130, CPSC 131 & CPSC 141 with 'C' grades or higher. Applicants missing the required courses may be admitted as pre-majors.
- Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism ManagementAdmissions Requirements: 2.50 GPA
- Nursing (BSN)
Admissions Requirements: Applicants are only considered for fall admission. Applicants must submit an application, official college transcripts from all colleges attended, SAT score report and all supporting documents no later than the February 1 application deadline date for admission consideration. Admission is highly competitive and seat availability is limited.
The following prerequisite courses, academic criteria, and documents are required and must be completed at the time of application for admission consideration.
- Minimum Credit Hours: 30 college credits
- GPA: cumulative 3.00 or better
- Required Prerequisite Courses listed with a minimum grade of 'C' of or better.
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- English Composition
- Introductory/General Statistics
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Cultural Diversity or transferable equivalent
- Speech Communication or transferable equivalent
- SAT Score Report (Required of applicants who graduated from high school after 2015.)
- Required Supplemental Documents:
- Official college transcripts & SAT Scores: (Sent directly from the sending institution to East Stroudsburg University, Office of Admissions, 200 Prospect Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301.
- Letter of Intent indicating why the applicant wants to pursue the nursing profession. The Letter of Intent must be sent via email directly from the applicant to: Alex Lincoln, Assistant of Transfer Admission at email@example.com. Please indicate the email subject line as: Nursing Intent Letter, and provide your full name, contact information, and year applying in the letter for reference.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from professors at the college level. Recommendation letters must be sent via email attachment with an email subject line: Nursing Letter of Recommendation and sent directly from your reference to: Alex Lincoln, Assistant Director of Transfer Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask them to provide your full name, and year applying in the letter for reference.
Please visit the Nursing Academic Department page for more additional information.
- RN to BS in Nursing
Admissions Requirements: Program offered at Northampton Community college through the ESU Lehigh Valley Site in Bethlehem, Pa. Program starts in the spring 2022 semester.
Please Note: Registered Nurses applying to the RN-BS in Nursing program must select "Extended Studies" in the Student Type section of the Extended Learning application, and meet the following requirements for admission consideration:
- 2.75 GPA
- Graduation from an NLNAC (National Accrediting Commission) Program.
- Submit an official copy of current Pennsylvania Nursing license.
Please visit the Nursing Academic Department page for additional information
- Recreation Services ManagementAdmissions Requirements: 2.25 GPA
- Rehabilitative and Human ServicesAdmissions Requirements: 2.50 GPA
- Sport ManagementAdmissions Requirements: 2.50 GPA
- Teacher Education
- Undeclared/Exploratory StudiesAdmissions Requirements: You must have less than 60 transferable credits. Applicants with 60 or more transferable credits must select a major other than "Undeclared" in the application process.
Please note: Applicants must maintain the minimum GPA of a 2.00 on the final official college transcript.