Who is a Transfer Applicant
An ESU Transfer applicant is a person who has attempted 12 or more college credits following high school graduation. Individuals who have attempted fewer than 12 college credits at the time of application must apply as a freshman. Apply today and join the numerous students who choose to transfer to ESU from two and four year institutions each year.
Application Deadline Dates
- Fall 2021: March 1, 2021 (Priority date), Rolling admission thereafter.
- Fall 2021 Nursing: February 1, 2021
(We encourage you to apply early in the semester prior to your planned enrollment at ESU. Applications received after the priority deadline date will be considered on a space-available basis)
- Complete the online transfer application form.
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable $25 application fee.
- Submit official college transcript(s) from all institutions attended.(Transcripts from foreign institutions must be translated by an approved evaluation agency. Please see How Credits Transfer.)
- Submit your official final high school transcript with graduation date or official GED score report as proof of graduation or the equivalent. (not required if transferring with a conferred associate or bachelor's degree).
Sending Official Transcripts
Official transcripts should be sent directly from each institution to our office either electronically or via mail. Please send:
- Electronic Documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail Documents to:
Office of Admissions
East Stroudsburg University
200 Prospect Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
* It is the applicant's responsibility to supply the Office of Admissions with necessary documents (application form; fee; official transcripts) to complete their application. The Office of Admissions reserves the right to withdraw an application if the required information to compete the file is not received by the respective deadline date.
Notification of Admission Status
- Applicants will receive communication via the email address provided on the application throughout the admission process.
- Applicants can check their application status online using your Login ID and PIN provided for real-time updates.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning in September, and applicants are typically notified within three weeks after their file is complete, but no sooner than September 1st for spring admission and January 1st for fall admission. Nursing applicants are considered for fall admission only, and are typically notified in April.
Students Offered Admission Planning to Enroll
- Must submit a Enrollment Fee to confirm their intention to enroll at ESU.
- Once the Enrollment Fee is submitted, you will receive email communication to set up your ESU email account, and instructions to access your 'myESU' portal. The 'myESU' portal will provide additional enrollment information concerning your academic adviser contact for course registration, new student orientation, campus housing, and information from other ESU offices.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Applicants offered admission receive an official preliminary transfer credit evaluation (TCE) from the Transfer Center with their offer of admission or within seven days following their offer of admission.
- A final official transfer credit evaluation will be completed upon receipt of your official transcripts for coursework in-progress at the time of admission. Check to see How Credits Transfer to ESU.
We look forward to reviewing your application to ESU!