Transfer Course Equivalency Guide
Please use the following guide to view the transfer equivalencies ESU has established with numerous colleges, community colleges, and universities.
Searching for Course Equivalencies:
- Equivalencies are continually updated and can be subject to change. Equivalencies should be used as reference only.
- You MUST enter a space between the subject and course number when searching for courses.
- The Equivalency Guide may not include all courses offered by an institution. If your institution or course(s) are not listed, they will be evaluated at the time of admission review.
- Type the full institutional name (abbreviations such as LCCC, NCC, etc. are not recognized). Select your institution to populate an alphabetical list of courses on the left, and the ESU equivalent on the right. To narrow down your options, type a partial course number from the transferring institution (for example, if searching for an English course, type "ENG" and all course prefixes with ENG will populate).
- AP and CLEP course equivalencies - enter "AP' or "CLEP' to view the transfer credit equivalent at ESU.
- Applicants receive an official transfer credit evaluation (TCE) with their offer of admission shortly after their admission notification.
Transfer Equivalency Course Code Guide
- If an exact ESU course match exists, the course number will reflect the ESU equivalent course.
- If there is no exact match, but the course transfers as an elective, the original course title from the sending institution will be retained.
- GN: transfers as a General Education subject equivalent.
- 199: transfers as a General Education equivalent subject although the course is not offered by ESU.
- 299-399: Department Elective, ESU academic department determines how the course is applied to the major.
- ELEC 299: Elective credit; course that does not fit either General Education or major requirements.
Courses Not in the Equivalency Database
Indicates the course has not been evaluated to date, but may be transferable to ESU. In this situation, the course will be evaluated at the time of application review, provided the Office of Admissions has received an official transcript with final grades from the institution. The Transfer Center will then review the course for possible transfer credit, determine the equivalency, and send an updated Transfer Credit Evaluation to the student.
How Credits Transfer
To see how credits transfer to ESU please visit How Credits Transfer.