We're delighted to have you as an applicant to East Stroudsburg University!
You probably have a question or two for us before you begin, though, so let's answer some basic questions.
Who Can Apply as a First Year Student?
We consider you a first year college student if:
- East Stroudsburg University is the first college or university you will attend; and
- You are a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or non-resident alien.
Please note that if you participated in a dual enrollment program during high school with a local college, you are still considered a freshman applicant.
How Can I Apply?
Complete an application and submit a few additional documents for our admissions counselors to review. See the checklist below.
- Complete the online application, including a non-refundable $25.00 application fee
- Submit your official high school transcript—just ask your guidance counselor to send it our way!
- If you have a GED (General Educational Development) equivalency degree, you must have the test results sent directly from the state of issue to the Office of Admissions.
- If you've already graduated from high school but have not attended college, please be sure that your transcript verifies your graduation.
- SAT and/or ACT scores are required for the following majors:
- Biology: Pre-Med
- Biology: Pre-Physical Therapy
- Biology: Pre-Physician Assistant
- Computer Science
- Computer Security
- All other programs are Test Optional.
For your convenience, you can keep track of your application status online throughout the entire process. Information on how to do this will be sent once you submit your application.
If you are offered admission and plan to attend ESU, you must submit your final high school transcript with your graduation date posted. Your school's guidance office can take care of this for you, but make sure you remind them!
When will I hear back about my application?
East Stroudsburg University follows a "rolling admissions" policy. Completed applications are usually evaluated within four weeks. Again, we recommend that you apply early, from June to December of your senior year, before our class is filled.
Please follow the process of your application by checking your status and to see if:
- Your contact information is correct
- All required documents have been received
- Your file is ready for review—if so, give us four weeks to evaluate your application—or if a decision has already been made.
You will hear from us via mail (USPS) with an admission decision no later than:
- Early December for Spring admission
- Mid-August for Fall admission
We look forward to reviewing your application!