Your Steps to Enrollment at East Stroudsburg University!
The following checklist provides the essential information and details you need for a smooth start to your ESU education.
Please note: Students pursing RN to BS in Nursing, Business Management (BS) at NCC, and Public Health (BS) at ESU's Lehigh Valley Center should refer to the Degree Completion Enrollment Checklist.
1) Accept Offer of Admission
To reserve your seat at ESU in the entering spring class, submit your $300 new student enrollment fee as soon as you are sure you intend to enroll, or no later than December 1st or within two weeks from the date of your offer of admission (whichever is later).
- Please Note: Early submission is recommended for priority course registration and optimal on-campus housing options. Visit enrollment fee to submit the fee. Log in with your ESU student ID Number (provided on your offer of admission letter) and your birth date as your six-digit PIN. (For example, if your birth date is July 5, 2002, use 070502). Select the "Student and Staff" tab. After you log in, select the "Deposits" tab and follow the instructions. Need help? Visit instructions for step-by-step assistance.
Enrollment Fee Deadlines:
- Spring 2021: December 1, 2020, within two weeks form the date of your offer of admission (whichever is later). Enrollment fee refund requests will not be honored after December 1, 2020.
2) Activate Your ESU Email Account
Within a few days of submitting the enrollment fee, you will receive an email with information on how to set up a password for your ESU email account and myESU Portal. Your ESU email and portal are your link to ESU and should be referenced daily. Need help? Contact email@example.com or (570) 422-3789.
3) Set Up MyESU - Your Dashboard to Remaining Checklist Items
MyESU is a single sign-on portal that helps you manage your University business by providing access to your education record and to multiple sources of campus information. Once in the portal, you can view your student account profile and update your contact and emergency contact information.
Your user name is the portion of your ESU email that precedes the @ sign. (For example,
if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, use ewarrior2.)
Need help? Contact email@example.com or (570) 422-3789.
4) Course Registration
Transfer students may register for classes following payment of their $300 enrollment fee. Advising and course registration is handled through your academic major department. Your academic department will create your initial spring semester course schedule. Refer to your myESU account for your academic advisor contact (access this information on the "Academic Profile" tab of the myESU portal).
- Spring 2021: Course registration will begin in October for those students who have accepted their offer of admission by submitting their enrollment fee.
Need help in connecting with your academic advisor, or have questions concerning your Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE), please contact Joanne Gaita, Student Transition Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 422-2808 or the Transfer Center staff at (570) 422-2840.
Please Note: Plan to bring your TCE with you when meeting with your academic advisor. If you have questions concerning your TCE or your transfer course equivalencies, please contact the Transfer Center staff at email@example.com or (570) 422-2840.
5) Register for Transfer Connection and Enrollment Day
Transfer Connection and Enrollment Day is designed for transfer students who have been offered admission, and to ease your transition to ESU by providing an opportunity to address any concerns or questions before classes begin.
To schedule an individual virtual Transfer Connection and Enrollment Day appointment, please contact Joanne Gaita, Transition Counselor in the Transfer Center at (570) 422-2808 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Transfer Center staff at (570) 422-2840.
6) Apply for Campus Housing
If you are interested in on-campus housing, please complete an online housing application through your MyESU portal by December 1, 2020, to secure a room. After December 1, housing is subject to availability.
- Need help? Visit Residential and Dining Services or call (570) 422-3460.
7) Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and include ESU (school code 0003320) as a recipient of the information. studentaid.gov
- Once your FAFSA is complete, financial aid awards will be mailed out via USPS. Financial aid award information will also be visible in the myESU portal once you have paid your enrollment fee.
- The amount of Federal Direct loans offered to you is based on the number of transfer credits accepted by ESU. It is imperative that you forward your final college transcript to ESU as soon as it is available.
- Need help? Visit esu.edu/finaid or call (570) 422-2800.
8) Additional Information
- Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE): Transfer students offered admission with prior college credit will receive a TCE enclosed with their offer of admission packet from the ESU Transfer Center. Questions concerning your TCE or transfer course equivalencies should be directed to the Transfer Center, located in the Student Enrollment Center. Need help? Call (570) 422-2840 or email email@example.com
- In-Progress College Courses: Please inform your ESU advisor of any in-progress courses you are currently taking, as well as any courses you intend to complete prior to your planned enrollment at ESU. This will help your advisor to avoid scheduling you for equivalent courses at ESU.
- Final College Transcript: Submit your official final transcripts for coursework in-progress, to include final grades from your most recent semester of enrollment. Upon receipt, ESU will evaluate for additional transfer credit and post to your TCE and academic record.
- High School Transcript: A final official high school transcript with graduation date, or GED score report is required to complete your enrollment and secure Financial Aid. Please Note: An official final high school transcript, with graduation date shown, is required of all students who are transferring without a conferred associate or bachelor's degree.
- Send Official Final transcripts to: Submit your college transcripts (with grades from your most recent term(s) included, if applicable to:
- Electronic documents: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail Documents to: East Stroudsburg University, Office of Admissions, 200 Prospect Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
We look forward to seeing you at ESU!