ESU’s Pocono Promise scholarships covers the entire cost of your tuition* after your federal grants (Pell and PA State Grants) as well as some institutional scholarships that have been awarded.
How do I apply?
You are automatically considered when you apply to ESU and submit a completed, processed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to East Stroudsburg University and meet the eligibility requirements below.
- New First Time Freshmen or Transfer student accepted into an undergraduate program for your first bachelor’s degree
- New Student must be a permanent Pennsylvania resident; and qualify for in-state tuition
- New Student must be eligible for Pell Grant and PA State Grant (state application required)
- New Student must be enrolled full-time at the end of the drop/add period each semester - Semester Academic Calendar
- The Pocono Promise requires you be enrolled for a minimum of 12 credits each semester.
- College credits earned in the fall and spring semester, as well as winter and summer session, are applied towards each academic year’s 30 credit requirement with a 2.0 or higher GPA
- You can receive the scholarship for eight consecutive semesters for new students (six semesters for transfer students) if at the end of each.
- You must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year and remain Pell and PA State Grant eligible in order to renew the Pocono Promise.
*This does not refer to fees related to housing, meal plan, advanced registration deposit, first time student programs/services, special programs, and mandatory fees.