Typically, non-degree students are those who wish to take courses for personal enrichment or to improve their academic standing before gaining admission as a degree-seeking student. A non-degree student is permitted to take courses at ESU, but is not admitted to any degree-granting program.

Others who may be considered for non-degree status are:

  • Students enrolled in degree programs at other universities who wish to earn credit to transfer to their home institution;
  • Applicants who have been denied admission as degree-seeking students and who wish to improve their academic standing;
  • Eligible senior citizens (see "Senior Citizens"); and
  • High school students who wish to enroll for courses while attending high school (see "Dual Enrollment").

Individuals who are interested in applying as non-degree students must complete a Non-Degree application.

** If you have a bachelor's degree and wish to take graduate courses on a part-time, non-degree basis, please do not complete this application. Contact the Graduate School at (570) 422-3536 for information about graduate courses. The Graduate School is located in Zimbar-Liljenstein Hall Room #154.

Housing is not available on-campus for special (non-degree) students. Contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing at (570) 422-3460 for information regarding off-campus housing. The office is located on the first floor of the Shawnee Hall.

Non-degree students are not eligible for any financial aid including veteran's benefits. If you have questions concerning financial aid, contact the Center for Enrollment Services (570) 422-2800. The Financial Aid Office is located in the Center for Enrollment Services at Zimbar-Lijenstein Hall.

Contact Us

ESU Admissions events provide a wonderful opportunity to tour our beautiful campus, speak with faculty and learn more about our affordable tuition. Contact Admissions at (570) 422-3542 or (877) 230-5547 with any questions about admission to ESU.

Contact Information

Campus Address
Reibman Administration Building
(570) 422-3542
(570) 422-3933 (Fax)
Title of Department Leader
(877) 230-5547