Use our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services to get books, articles, and other materials not owned by East Stroudsburg University Library, or not currently available to us in full text.
E-Z Borrow is only available to current ESU students, faculty and staff.
|If you need…||Please use…|
|A book||EZ-Borrow OR ILLiad (check EZ-Borrow first. If not available, use Illiad)|
|Microfilm or Microfiche||ILLiad|
|A book chapter||EZ-Borrow or ILLiad (check EZ-Borrow first. If not available, use Illiad)|
Is there a charge for Interlibrary Loan or EZ-Borrow?
In the majority of cases, we are able to obtain materials at no cost. We never order from a source that charges unless the item is not available free and you have indicated a willingness in advance to pay. If you are willing to pay for an item, please note the amount in the “notes” field of your ILLiad request for the item.
Please note that due to copyright guidelines and the cost of copyright royalties, we cannot obtain duplicate articles for users during a calendar year. Please be sure to SAVE or PRINT your articles for future reference.
How long does it take for my requests to arrive?
Generally ILL requests will take 3-5 business days to arrive, although many articles will arrive within 24-48 hours. However, more difficult items could take as long as two to four weeks, so please plan ahead. The time it takes depends on how many libraries we have to try before we are successful and what method of delivery the lending library uses.
Certain items, such as rare books, very new books, recent articles, audio-visual material, and theses can be difficult to obtain through Interlibrary Loan. You will be notified if we are unsuccessful in filling your request.
How do I receive my Interlibrary Loan and EZ-Borrow materials?
You will be notified by email when your requested material arrives. Books may be picked up at the Library Circulation Desk whenever the library is open. Microfilm and microfiche must be used in the Library. Occasionally, other material may be restricted by the lending library to “library use only.” The Circulation Desk staff will hold your University ID while you are using the item.
Articles are posted to your ILLiad account as a PDF. You will receive a notification email with retrieval instructions. Occasionally, we may need to send an article to you by mail. Please make sure your campus/home address in ILLiad is current. ILLiad does NOT automatically update when you update ISIS.
Where do I return Interlibrary Loan and EZ-Borrow materials?
Loaned books can be returned to the Library Circulation Desk whenever the Library is open. Please do NOT use the outside book drop.
Articles are yours to keep. They are generally only made available for electronic retrieval for 21 days after arrival, so please retrieve them promptly and then either print or save them in a timely manner.
Can I renew Interlibrary Loan or EZ-Borrow materials?
EZ-Borrow items are not renewable. Contact Kemp Library's Circulation Department or Marleen Dymond with questions pertaining to EZ-Borrow.
For Interlibrary Loan renewals, log in to ILLiad and click on ‘View/Renew Checked Out Items’. Click on the transaction number of the item you’d like to renew and then click on ‘Renew Request’ in the upper left. ILLiad will issue a default renewal date until we hear back from the lending library. You will be notified by email with the approved renewal date OR if the renewal is denied. If you have questions, contact library assistant Kathleen Adams.
What are Interlibrary Loan (Illiad) and EZ-Borrow?
A book chapter EZ-Borrow or ILLiad (check EZ-Borrow first. If item is not available, use Illiad)Books and journal articles not included in Kemp Library’s collections may be requested via two services; Interlibrary Loan and EZ-Borrow. Through cooperative agreements with other libraries, resources across the nation are available to eligible East Stroudsburg University users. Alumni and Courtesy Users are not eligible to make these requests at our institution. Their local public library may offer them similar services.
These services may NOT be used to avoid purchase of required course materials. Students are expected to buy required textbooks. Faculty should consult with the Acquisitions Librarian regarding possible purchase of books, videos, or DVDs to be placed on reserve as well as visual materials that will be used repeatedly in their classrooms. Because copyright law restricts the number of articles that may be ordered without paying (sometimes significant) royalties, faculty members should check library resources before making assignments using recent periodicals.Who may use EZ-Borrow and Interlibrary Loan?
At Kemp Library, ILL is available to faculty, staff, and students when materials they need are not in our collection or available through our many online resources. Faculty with Emeritus status are also eligible. Please check Primo online catalog (for books), the Databases A-Z or Databases by Subject pages for electronic journals before ordering through ILL to make sure we do not own what you need. You may consult with a Faculty Librarian if you need assistance.What’s the difference between EZ-Borrow and Interlibrary Loan?
EZ-Borrow is an unmediated borrowing system encompassing over 50 academic libraries in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New Jersey, and New York. Delivery time is usually within 3-5 days. Books borrowed via EZ-Borrow may be kept for 8 weeks. We encourage you to try EZ-Borrow for your book requests before turning to traditional Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad).
ILLiad can be used to submit book, book chapter, article, thesis requests and more. Loan periods for books and other items borrowed via ILLiad can vary from two days to six weeks or even be received within hours for article requests.Using EZ-Borrow
- After clicking on the EZ-Borrow link, type in your 9 digit ID number
- You will see a page with a simple search box. Type in the title of the item you need and click on “Search”.
- EZ-Borrow will start searching for the title you have entered. You can stop the search as soon as you see the title you want by clicking on it.
- EZ-Borrow then checks the availability of the title. If it is available, you will see a request drop down menu, then follow the instructions. Do not enter any special instructions, as it will slow down the receipt of the item. If it is not available, no request button will appear.
- Then you wait until an e-mail arrives to the address you have provided telling you the item is ready to be picked up.
- Come to the Circulation Desk with your ID, and let them know you have an EZ-Borrow item being held for you.
* Journal Articles are not Available in EZ-BorrowUsing Illiad
- The first time you log-in to Illiad (using your ESU log-in and password), you will be asked to register. Fill out all your contact information. This does not get updated by the university, so if you have changes, you need to take care of this yourself. Subsequent log-ins will take you directly to the request page.
- Enter as much information as you have available. With journal articles, this includes the journal title, article title, volume and issue numbers.
- If the item is available electronically, it will be sent directly to the e-mail address you have provided, usually as a PDF. If it is a hard copy of an item, it will be sent to the ILL office and you will be notified when it is available. Bring your ID if there is something you need to physically pick up.
CONTACT INFORMATION - Interlibrary Loan Services
Phone: (570) 422-3708
Phone: (570) 422-3914