Interlibrary Loan Services
Use Interlibrary Loan Services (ILL) to get books, articles, a dissertation or thesis not owned by East Stroudsburg University Library, or not currently available to us in full text. Through cooperative agreements with other libraries, print and electronic resources across the nation are available to eligible East Stroudsburg University users.
At Kemp Library, ILL services are available to current ESU faculty, staff, and students. Be sure to check the library catalog Primo or the A-Z Databases page before making an ILL loan request, to make sure the library does not already have the item. Ask a librarian for assistance if needed. Please note that ESU does not lend out Ebooks through the Interlibrary Loan System or EZ Borrow System.
What Items Can I Order Through Each Service?
|If you need...||Please use...|
Please Note: Use full citations when requesting articles. This will expedite the retrieval of your article.
- Is there a charge for ILL or EZ-Borrow?In the majority of cases, we are able to obtain materials at no cost.
- How long does it take for my requests to arrive?Generally ILL requests will take 3-5 business days to arrive, although many articles will arrive within 24-48 hours
- How do I receive my ILL and EZ-Borrow materials?
When requested material arrives, an email notification is sent to the patron.
Books may be picked up at the Library Circulation Desk whenever the library is open. Patrons have 7 days to pick up their books. After 7 days, the book is returned to its lending institution.
Articles are posted to your ILLiad account as a PDF document. You will receive a notification email with retrieval instructions.
- Where do I return ILL books?ILL books can be returned to the Circulation Desk staff whenever the Library is open.
- Can I renew ILL or EZ-Borrow materials?EZ-Borrow books are not renewable. The majority of articles are not renewable. Download, print, or save a copy of your article ASAP after receiving it if you want to keep it permanently.
Contact Information - Interlibrary Loan Services
Phone: (570) 422-3708
Phone: (570) 422-3914