Log Into Electronic Resources Off Campus
Off Campus Login Method
When you are trying to access Kemp Library's electronic resources from an off campus loation, you will need to sign into a login page to validate you are an active ESU student or faculty member.
After you select the electronic resource you want to access, the Keystone Library Network (KLN) Login Page will appear.
Chose ONE method to log in:
**Both login types should work, but the Username/Password Method is most commonly used**
- Username/Password Method
- To Log In:
- Select East Stroudsburg University from the pull down menu for "Institution"
- Enter the same username and password that you use to log into your ESU email or D2L.
- To Log In:
- Library ID Login Method
- To Log In
- Enter your Student ID Number in the Library Barcode/Identification box
- Enter your last name in the Last Name box.
- To Log In
What is my Library Barcode/Identification?
- Your Library Barcode/Identification is your student ID number.
- If you have an ESU eCard, your student ID number is printed on the back of your card.
- You can also find your student ID number on your transcripts or in myESU.
- If your student ID number only has 6 numbers in it, you should add three zeroes to
log in this way
- EX: 000123456
If you are having issues logging into online library resources, please contact the library immediately.
You may also contact the Electronic Resources Librarian directly via email Allyson Wind or leave a message on their office phone: (570) 422-3597
Please be ready to describe your problem in detail, including any error messages you may have received. Screenshots are also very helpful in diagnosing your access problem in a timely manner.
- VERY IMPORTANT – Be sure that you are using the links from the Kemp Library website. If you need to access an electronic resource at home or anywhere else off campus, you must use the link for that database on the Kemp Library website. After you sign in, you’ll be recognized as a valid ESU student, faculty or staff member.
- If you are on campus, our IP ranges will pick up that you are a valid ESU student, faculty or staff member and you won't need to sign in.
- Clear your internet browser history, cache and cookies then try again.
- Try a different internet browser or update your current browser.
- Type carefully and make sure your CAPS LOCK is off. Many login failures occur because of typing errors.
- Can’t remember your username/password? Contact Academic Computing.
Disclaimer About Newly Registered Students
There are many steps taken to ensure that newly registered students have the resources they need to access library databases off campus. It can take 3-5 business days for new students to successfully log in to library databases off campus. If you are not able to log in after this period of time, further investigation will be necessary to resolve your login problem.
Questions About your ESU Status
If you have questions about your ESU status, please contact the Registrar's Office.
Guest Access to Library Computer/Online Databases
Remote access (off campus) is not available to the general public, alumni, and individuals with ESU Courtesy Cards.
As of August 2016, Guest Passes/Courtesy Cards to use computers or to access Wi-Fi are not available.