Search the Library Catalog
- Our library catalog Primo is a good place to start your research.
- Type your topic into the search box. Primo will predict what you are looking for and give you suggestions, just like a Google search.
- If you only want to see items that ESU owns or subscribes to at the Library, you would want to choose “Library Catalog” when you search.
- You can also filter your results to "Kemp Library" to show only the items that Kemp Library owns or has access to - this is especially helpful when you are looking for print books in our collection.
- For print books, try searching in Primo first. Filter results to "Library Catalog" and "Kemp Library"
- For ebooks, you can search in two places:
- Search in Primo, filter results to "Library Catalog". An eBook will have "Online Access" listed below the title.
- On the Databases page, you can chose "Ebooks" in the pulldown menu for All Database Types.
Find articles by searching the Databases Page
An great place to start for finding articles (including peer reviewed articles) is Academic Search Ultimate.
You can also search Primo for articles, but its not the best place to go if you are looking for a specific topic. You can visit the Databases page and then filter by your major or type of database (newspapers, . If a professor asks you to search in a specific database, they are also organized in A-Z order.
Search for Print Reserves in Primo.
Having trouble with library resources off campus.
If you are having trouble logging into library resources off campus, you can try our Troubleshooting Page. We recommend that you try all of the strategies on this page before contacting Library Staff.
Please Note: Academic Computing (Help Desk) does not fix problems with library systems, the library website, or library resources like databases.
Any problems with the library website and/or library resources must be directed to Allyson Wind, Electronic Resources Librarian. When Mrs. Wind is not available, call the Research Assistance Line at (570) 422-3594 or the Circulation Desk (570) 422-3126.