On, August 4, 2020, East Stroudsburg University hosted its first ever Igniting Innovation in Instruction conference. The focus was on blended and online learning and was held completely online. Please check back in Spring 2021 for more information about the next conference.
This free conference is open to all educational practitioners, and Act 48 hours will be awarded for Pennsylvania educators.
Sessions have been divided into four strands: K-6, 7-12, higher ed, and leadership for ease of selection, but you are not tied to those tracks.
All tracks are open to educators regardless of a current position or teaching assignment. Our conference booklet provides a description for each session and biographical information about the presenter.
To register, click on the links under each strand to enter your contact information.
You will receive a follow-up email with information and a link for your sessions.
ESU will send you a reminder email the day before the event in case you lose your registration information.
- How much is the conference?Nothing! It is absolutely free.
- Where will the conference take place?This year, we will be holding the conference online via Zoom. Next year, we hope to be back in person.
- Will Act 48 hours be awarded?ESU will award five Act 48 hours to all Pennsylvania educators. Participants outside of Pennsylvania or educators who do not need Act 48 hours will have the option to receive a certificate noting five hours of professional development. You can input your PPID information by completing our survey at the end of the conference.
- One of the topics in a different track from my current job interests me. Can I register
for something in a different track?Absolutely! Someone who teaches in higher ed may find a topic geared towards K-6 interesting and find valuable resources in the sessions. Register for the topics that interest you.
- Will conference materials be available to participants?Yes. Except for a few materials, conference materials will be available in a shared folder.