Student Teaching at ESU
The student teaching semester is the pinnacle experience of teacher preparation here at East Stroudsburg University. This semester of learning takes place within the classroom under the tutelage of a certified Level II classroom teacher and supervision from a university faculty member. Students must complete all requirements, apply to student teach, and submit the necessary clearances to the Office of Field Experiences prior to entering the field of student teaching.
Requirements for Student Teaching
- Screened into education program (ECED, PSED, SPED, HPE) prior to applying to student teach
- Complete first attempt of certification tests (Praxis and/or Pearson)
- Overall GPA 3.0
- All coursework completed by the following timeline (excluding the current semester's
- Fall: All coursework completed (including Incompletes) by March 1st.
- Spring: All coursework completed (including Incompletes) by November 1st.
- No D's or E's in content major coursework
- All clearances current through the end of the student teaching semester (Act 24, 34, 151, FBI, TB, PSEA liability)
- Mandated Reporter Training Completed
Apply to Student Teach
- Students who intend to student teach must apply online to begin this process and become approved for placement by the Office of Field Experiences.
- Application to student teach must be done by the first 2 weeks of the semester prior to the intended semester of student teaching.
- If you withdraw from student teaching, you must reapply.