The ESU Reading Department has been preparing Reading Specialists for over 50 years.
Started in 1970 by Dr. Charles Versacci, the program continues to educate and empower teachers near and far.
Today, the Reading Department is home to ESU’s Online Graduate Reading Program, which leads to a Pennsylvania Reading Specialist Certification and a Master’s Degree in Reading Education.
The Master’s Degree in Reading Education is a 36-credit, CAEP-Approved Program.
- Classes are totally online
- Faculty is knowledgeable and accessible
- Program includes core and elective courses
- Completion leads to a Pennsylvania Reading Specialist Certificate
- M.Ed. can be completed in one year or over several years
- Practicum is highlighted in ESU Creative Classroom Series
Interested? Contact Dr. Mary Beth Allen.
- Campus Address
- Stroud Hall 112 C
- (570) 422-3558
- Title of Department Leader
- Department Chair Reading
- Shawn Watkins
- (570) 422-3415