These FAQs answer many common housing questions.

Where is the Office located and what are your hours of operation?

We are located at the West end of Hemlock Suites, across from the Koehler Field House. We are open Monday through Friday, from 8:00am until 4:30pm, and can be reached at or call us at (570) 422-3460.

How do I apply for housing?

Current students will be prompted via email during the spring semester to make an on-line housing application in advance of the “Room Selection” process that occurs each April. After Room Selection is over, current students can still apply for housing by visiting the office, or calling at 570-422-3460. After Room Selection, the availability of housing is not guaranteed.

Incoming students will be prompted via email to apply for housing following the submission of their $300.00 Enrollment Fee, and after they have set up their MyESU Portal and University email account.

Applications are made through your MyESU Portal.

Can I stay over breaks, summers, and/or move in early/stay late?

Applications for break housing are available at the Housing Office. Break housing fees are based on the length of the entire break, pro-rated by room type. Only approved International, Student Athletes, and students here on official University business are eligible to move in early/stay late. Inquire with your employer at ESU, your coach, or your club/organization adviser.

How do I make a room change?

When classes are in session, please see your residence hall supervisor for a list of vacant spaces and to acquire a room change form. Over breaks/summers, inquiries can be made via email to

How can I apply for a job in your department?
Go to the ESU webpage and click on “Human Resources” and find the “Employment” section, where student jobs and professional jobs are posted.
Where can I get a replacement key or eCard if I lose mine?
A replacement key can be obtained in the residence hall where you reside. A replacement eCard can be obtained from the Campus Card Center in the Student Union building.
How do a report a problem in my room?
All students can enter their own work order here.
How can I tour the residence halls?
We have a “Housing Virtual Tour” on-line on our “Housing & Residence Life Webpage. You may also arrange for a personal tour by contacting Admissions at (570) 422-3542. During most break periods (we are closed from Dec 24 through Jan 1), and over the summer, you can drop by the Housing Office during business hours for a personal tour.
What are some things that I am allowed to have and not permitted to have in my room?
A suggested list of items to bring to campus is available. Fans, coffee makers, microwaves and small refrigerators are per permitted. Alcohol, candles, pets, dartboards, toasters, Foreman grills, toaster ovens, and incense are some of the things that are not permitted. Air Conditioners must be approved for medical reasons (we will then provide the window unit). Comfort/Therapy animals must be approved by OASIS.
What kind of services and programs does Housing and Residence Life Offer?
Programs are offered regularly in the residence halls, including social events, cookouts, speakers, dances, roommate games, and seasonal celebrations. See your RA for more information.

Contact Us

The Residential Life & Housing department is our central office. We are open normal business hours in Hemlock Suites, but in case of an emergency, please contact University Police at (570) 422-3064.

Hours of Operation

8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed for federal holidays

Contact Information

Campus Address
Hemlock Suites, South Wing
(570) 422-3460
(570) 422-3952 (Fax)
Title of Department Leader
Special Assistant to VP of CLIE
Curtis Dugar
(570) 422-3732