Room Selection Week Details
Thank you for applying for housing for the 2019-2120 academic year. Room Selection begins April 23, and here are a few things to keep in mind.
You must be registered for courses as a full time student for the fall 2019 semester in order to participate in Room Selection.
Schedule - Credits Earned as of December 2018
(Each new process starts at 8am and then continues through until 4pm May 3)
|Apr 23 & 24||Same Exact Room (If single, no roommate. If double, roommate required.) (8am until midnight for Same Room Day)|
|Apr 25 & 26||You have earned 45+ credits|
|Apr 29 & 30||You have earned 22-44 Credits|
|May 1 & 2||You have earned 15-21 Credits|
|May 3||You have earned 0-14 Credits (and/or have no roommate)|
Please note that as soon as your credits earned process date starts, you may select anytime on that day or later, until the process closes on May 3. But, the longer you wait, the fewer options there will be.
Log back into your portal, and follow the housing application link to access Room Selection, a drop down box at the top. The system will show you only what rooms are available based upon the roommate group you have identified. Changes in Room/Suite/Apartment-mates can be made at any time during the Room Selection process.
Same Room Day (Two full days)
Opting to participate on this day means that you, or your roommate(s) (if it is for a traditional hall double) are selecting to live in the exact same room for the 2019-2020 academic year. If you live in a suite single unit, University Apartments or Ridge, you do not want to be matched with any suite/apartment mates on this day. Each student would choose their same room back by themselves.
Priority for Filling Rooms/Suites/Apratments
Until the final day of Room Selection (May 3), priority is given to roommate groups who can fill an entire room, suite, or apartment. Partial groups will not be able to select until May 3. However, any student can select a single room of any kind without being paired as soon as their credit earned process date begins.
If you are experiencing any problems with the process, please stop by our office in Hemlock Suites so that we may assist you.
Room Selection FAQ
Preference is first given to students who can fill an entire room, suite or apartment. Students without enough roommates/suite-mates/apartment-mates to fill a given unit will not be able to choose until the final day.
- Who is eligible to apply for housing and participate in the Room Selection process?
Any currently enrolled ESU students may apply for housing for the 2018-2019 academic year. This includes current resident students, and students commuting or living off campus.
To be eligible to select a room, however, you must be registered for courses for the fall 2018 semester.
- How do I make the housing application?Follow the hyperlink that will be sent to you soon to complete the application. Read the housing contract, electronically sign in the box, and submit as directed. You must complete the application first before you can log back in during “Room Selection” and choose the room you want. You will receive a receipt notice when you have successfully completed the application.
- What do I do if I can’t log onto my portal?If your log-in credentials are not working, please see the Help Desk in Stroud Hall room 303, or call them at (570) 422-3789.
- How do I choose a roommate?First, complete the application (sign in the box). Next, you can click on “Room Selection” and “Roommate Selection” at the top to load in the name of your roommate(s). He/She/They will need to accept your request as well until it reads “your roommate group is fully matched.” Remember you only need to match with a roommate(s) if your intention is to choose a double or triple room, or an entire suite unit or full apartment. You can load in the name(s) of your roommate(s) during the application and/or during Room Selection periods, and can change the names of your roommates anytime during this process.
- I did that but the system doesn’t recognize my roommate…what do I do?If the system won’t allow you to choose a particular roommate, it is because: A) they have not completed the application, or B) they are not a currently enrolled student. They must qualify in all these areas or they are not eligible for selection as a roommate.
- I want a two-person suite with two single rooms in it. How do I choose that?If you live in one now and want the same exact room back, you would choose on “Same Room” day, but make sure you do not have a roommate loaded. If you do not live in one now, then you would choose one at a later day according to the credits you have earned.
- I live in a double and I want my same room back. How can I do that?“Same Room” day is the first day of sign-ups. But you must have a completed the application and be paired with a roommate in order to choose a double room!
- I live at the Ridge and all four of us want our same rooms back on “Same Room” day.
Should we all request each other as roommates?No, since you live in a single room you would not want to enter a roommate request. Each of you should choose your individual rooms on “Same Room Day.” If it is just you returning to the apartment you would still choose on Same Room day.
- I live at the Ridge currently and want my same room back. However, none of my apartment-mates
are returning and there are two others who want to live with me in that apartment.
When do we make our selections?You need to select your room by yourself on “Same Room Day.” Your friends would need to wait until the following day, and are subject to credits earned restrictions in order to get The Ridge. Students with 44 credits and above choose first, and we expect The Ridge to be full by the following day.
- I live off campus or commute currently. When do I select a room?Anytime after “Same Room” Day according to the credits you have earned. More specific information on this timeline will be send closer to when the Room Selection process is live.
- If the roommate I want did not make the application, can I still choose my same room
back?No, but you may find another roommate who is eligible in order to choose a double room (or wait until the last day of Room Selection to select a room without a roommate).
- I made the application, and put in preferences of where I want to live…am I done?No! You must actually choose a room using the “Room Selection” tab. Your time to choose will appear at the bottom of this page. The housing department will not assign you a room - you must pick one!
- How is it determined when I am eligible to choose my room?A schedule of what occurs on each day will go out over email closer to the start of the Room Selection process. Your time to choose is dependent on your credits earned.
- What do I do if I am having trouble with any part of this process?Please do not call the Housing office and leave a voice mail, or an email. We encourage you to stop in to see us in person (Hemlock Suites Residence Life and Housing Dept) and we will assist you on the spot.