Residential Move-In Plan for Fall 2021
Here is the information you need to prepare for your transition to the residence halls at East Stroudsburg University!
Residential and Dining Services will implement a move-in process that is built on efficiency and quickness in order to align with health and safety standards. To assist the transition process, residents will be advised to adhere to the instructions below. All residents will be assigned a move-in day and time according to their academic standing or campus affiliation, which will be located in their ESU Portal.
First-year and Sophomore residents must move in on August 27th prior to 4:30 p.m. so that they may participate in Warrior Induction Weekend festivities.
Upper-Class residents must move in between the days of August 28th-29th prior to 4:30 p.m.
University Ridge residents will check in at the main administrative office located in Building 10, not at Warrior Central. All University Ridge residents must register using the The University Ridge move-in registration form for their check-in date and time.
- The University Ridge Office is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday from August 1st through August 29th. If you need to check-in outside of our normal business hours, please contact The University Ridge administrative office with your request for alternate arrangements.
- The University Ridge administrative office is located at:
400 E Brown St
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Resident Property Drop-Off (optional)
Residents may request a drop-off time in their assigned room for fall. Upon approval from Residential and Dining Services, students will be allowed to drop off belongings prior to their official move-in date.
The scheduled property drop-off period will begin August 15th and end August 20th, Monday through Friday only from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Important: Students must sign up for a drop-off time and cannot arrive on campus without registering with Residential and Dining Services.
Please email email@example.com to request a drop-off date and time.
Resident Property Shipping (optional)
Residents may choose to ship belongings to the residence halls as early as August 16th. Please note that items delivered earlier than August 8th may be returned to its sender, as personnel may not be available to receive items. Please visit residential mail and delivery services to locate residence hall addresses for mail and shipping resources.
While arriving after August 29th does not automatically cancel your housing contract, please note that failure to notify Housing Administration of your late arrival and claim your room after this date could result in changes to your room assignment.
Moving Into Your Hall
- Once at your hall, enter the designated unloading area using the signage displayed at each residence hall. A Welcome Warrior will greet and assist you with your car unload.
- The Welcome Warrior will also escort you to your room and immediately unload your cart. The resident must accompany the Welcome Warrior to the room for the delivery of belongings.
- Immediately after completing your vehicle unload, the vehicle must be moved to the designated parking location as identified by University Police.
Move-In Safety Guidelines
The following safety guidelines must be followed:
- For the safety of all Warriors, please ensure that face masks or cloth coverings are worn by you and your party during move-in, especially within the residence public spaces within the residence halls and campus buildings, regardless of vaccination status.
- Including yourself, the maximum number of people in your move-in party is limited to three. Party members shall not include minors under the age of 14.
- Engage in conversation with your move-in party if any members are at a higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19. By the very nature of move-in day, there will be more people than normal in and around each residence hall.
- If you are feeling ill or have a temperature of (100.4°F/38°C) or higher, you should delay your arrival until a later date when you are feeling better or after consulting with a medical professional. Residential and Dining Services will work to accommodate your alternate arrival date.
- Due to our commitment to social distance, it is necessary for students to return to campus in a staggered approach. For the safety of all Warriors, you are expected to arrive and depart campus during your scheduled time, which will be emailed to you.
- Due to Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines students and guests not wearing a mask on campus will be asked to either wear a mask or leave.