These FAQs answer many common housing questions.
- Where is the Office located and what are your hours of operation?
We are located at the West end of Hemlock Suites across from the Koehler Field House. We are open Monday through Friday, from 8:00am until 4:30pm, and can be reached at (570) 422-3460.
- How do I apply for housing?
Current students will be prompted via email during the spring semester to make an on-line housing application in advance of the “Room Selection” process that occurs each April. After Room Selection is over, current students may apply for housing by visiting the Housing office, or calling at (570) 422-3460. After the Room Selection process has ended, the availability of housing is not guaranteed.
Incoming students will be prompted via email to apply for housing following the submission of their $300.00 Enrollment Fee, and after they have set up their MyESU Portal and University email account.
Applications are made through your MyESU Portal.
- Can I stay over breaks, summers, and/or move in early/stay late?
Applications for break housing are available at the Housing Office. Break housing fees are based on the length of the entire break, pro-rated by room type. Summer Housing is available in Hemlock (phone: (570) 422-3592) and at The University Ridge (phone: (570) 422-2400). You may call to inquire. Only approved International, Student Athletes, and students here on official University business are eligible to move in early/stay late. Inquire with your employer at ESU, your coach, or your club/organization adviser.
- How do I make a room change?
When classes are in session, please see your residence hall supervisor for a list of vacant spaces and to acquire a room change form. Over breaks/summers, inquiries can be made via email to email@example.com.
- How can I apply for a job in your department?Please see Staff & Employment.
- Where can I get a replacement key or E-Card if I lose mine?A replacement key can be obtained from the Resident Director in the residence hall where you reside. A replacement E-Card can be obtained from the Campus Card Center in the Student Union building.
- How do a report a problem in my room?
- How can I tour the residence halls?We have a “Housing Virtual Tour” on-line on our “Housing & Residence Life Webpage (link). You may also arrange for a personal tour by contacting Admissions at (570) 422-3542. During most break periods (we are closed from Dec 24 through Jan 1), and over the summer, you can drop by the Housing Office during business hours for a personal tour.
- How much does it cost to live on campus and a meal plan?
- What are some things that I am allowed to have and not permitted to have in my room?A suggested list of items to bring to campus is available. Fans, coffee makers, microwaves and small refrigerators are per permitted. Alcohol, candles, pets, dartboards, toasters, Foreman grills, toaster ovens, and incense are some of the things that are not permitted. Air Conditioners must be approved for medical reasons (we will then provide the window unit). Comfort/Therapy animals must be approved by OASIS.
- What are some of the rules and regulations living on campus?Please read our “Residence Life Information and Policies” booklet.
- What kind of services and programs does Housing and Residence Life Offer?Programs are offered regularly in the residence halls, including social events, cookouts, speakers, dances, roommate games, and seasonal celebrations. See your RA for more information.