The "Clinical Orthopedic Specialty" program is a 15-credit certificate that offers a hands-on foundation of skills/competencies for those interested in graduate programs related to sports medicine, orthopedics and physical therapy.
The students who will benefit from this “Orthopedic Clinical Specialty” certificate will be majors that are related to the athletic training, rehabilitation sciences and therapeutic sciences fields.
Why ESU for the Clinical Orthopedic Specialty Certificate
- Establish a strong orthopedic / sports medicine foundation
- Focus on those specialty skills for those interested in AT, PT, OT and Chiropractic graduate studies
- Exhibit value/marketability for those students towards clinical orthopedic practice
- Secure value-added orthopedic specialty certification upon certificate completion
What do students learn to do?
- Orthopedic Casting, Bracing, Splinting techniques
- Physical examination model for the extremities and spine
- Therapeutic intervention strategies for the healthcare professional
- Clinical experience designed for YOUR future (physical therapy, physician assistant, occupational therapy, chiropractic, orthopedics, etc.)
- Let our 50+ years of programmatic experience and strong network of regional/national healthcare connections support your clinical needs!