The mission of the Provost’s Colloquium is to create an exciting, intellectually rich campus forum where faculty, students, and members of the area community come together to share ideas and engage in inquiry and lively debate.
In order to foster interdisciplinary dialogue and strengthen diversity, the Colloquium showcases faculty research and creative projects, while also embracing contributions from those working outside the University.
Expanding learning opportunities for students beyond the traditional classroom and encouraging life-long learning are vital to creating a “university without walls.”
The Provost’s Colloquium is committed to an energized, unified campus environment that welcomes students and non-students alike, a mission that is essential for ESU’s continued growth as a center for learning and innovation.
Call for Proposals Fall 2021 Deadline Extended until April 12
Are you excited about a project, research, or creative activity that you are working on? Would you like to share your topic with a broad audience?
Apply to present at the Provost's Colloquium Series! Consider presenting on a timely and relevant topic in your area of expertise that is being broadly discussed at the moment.
Provost’s Colloquium Series Proposal Questions Checklist:
- Name of submitter and any additional presenters
- Email of submitter
- Field of discipline or department
- Title of presentation
- Brief description of presentation
- The audience for your presentation consists of community members, faculty, students and staff. Please explain how you will engage this diverse audience and make interdisciplinary connections.
- Please explain how your topic is timely, relevant, and suitable for an engaging and interactive delivery.
- Choose preferred date for presentation; Sept. 8, Sept. 22, Oct. 6, Oct. 27, Nov. 10, or Dec. 1
- Give a second choice for presentation date.
- All presentations are scheduled for Wednesdays in Beers Lecture Hall (or ZOOM if needed). The standard time for presenting is 5:30-7:00 p.m. Let us know if there is a pressing need for an alternative time slot or location and the committee will consider it.
- Please list any technical support or equipment you might need that is not standard. Standard is what is included in Beers: computer projector for Powerpoint presentations.
- File Upload: Please upload a high resolution photo (300 dpi) that will be used for publicity. If photo is not yours, please provide evidence that you have rights to use the photo.
- File Upload: Please upload a draft press release that will be used for publicity.
- File Upload: Please upload a short bio of yourself and/or other presenters.
For assistance or special accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 422-3539. Accommodations may include, but are not limited to, services for physical, cognitive, visual or auditory assistance.