About the Professional Testing Center
ESU’s Professional Testing Center allows students, faculty, staff and the greater community to access and register for professional certification and licensure exams across multiple industries. These tests provide the necessary credentials for skill verification, advancement qualification, and workforce development.
The testing center is located in the ESU Innovation Center (Computer Lab 153) located at 562 Independence Road in East Stroudsburg, PA 18301. ESU's Professional Testing center provides Pearson VUE, ETS-Praxis. Accuplacer, CLEP, and GED computerized testing. In addition, the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Exams are offered bi-annually.
Hours of Operation
Due to COVID-19, the ESU Professional testing Center is closed.
In the event of inclement weather please check the ESU website for site delays/closures, www.esu.edu. If the university is on a delay we will be on a delayed opening, if the university is closed we are closed. Please contact the testing agency (Pearson VUE, Praxis, etc.) to reschedule your exam.
Testing Center Policies
- State Issued Photo ID is required for all testing.
- Only exam candidates are allowed into the testing room.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the testing room.
- Electronic devices, mechanical pencils and personal items must be stored outside the testing room in the storage provided. Space is limited please consider leaving personal items at home or in your vehicle.
- Examinees may not take notes out of the testing room.
- Calculators are permitted for specific tests. Personal calculators will be inspected before use is permitted.
- Once a test is issued it must be completed in one sitting.
- Different testing programs have different rules.
- Talking is not allowed in the testing room.
- Acts of dishonesty are subject to disciplinary action and will be reported.
- Please arrive 30 minutes ahead of your scheduled start time.
Registering for Exams
The Professional Testing Center is currently closed.