ESU Sports Camps COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
Hello and thank you for your interest in the sports camps at East Stroudsburg University. As many of our policies and procedures have changed, please review these frequently asked questions to make sure that you, and your camper, are able to attend our Warriors sports camps. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact your camp’s coach.
- What do I need to do to ensure my camper’s health and safety?Each morning, we would like you to ask your camper if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, body aches, headache, congestion, nausea, diarrhea, loss of taste, loss of smell, etc). If you have the ability to do so, we also ask that you check their temperature. If your camper has a fever (100.4o or greater), we must insist that they stay home from camp that day.
- What is East Stroudsburg University doing to ensure my child’s health and safety?East Stroudsburg University will work hard to safeguard your camper’s health and safety through hygiene and social distancing measures. These include, but are not limited to:
- symptom and temperature checks upon arrival each day
- hand sanitizer and wipes readily available when needed
- cleaning communal equipment after each use and at the conclusion of each day
- practicing social distancing while moving from drill to drill
- practicing social distancing during drills (when reasonable)
- encouraging proper hygiene between drills
- encouraging proper hygiene during and after rest room trips
- What should my camper bring each day in addition to what is asked of them specific
to their camp?
In addition to what is required for their sport (cleats, bats, sticks, etc), we must as that campers also bring the following:
- A cloth or surgical facemask
- A water bottle
- Snacks or bagged lunch
- How will I drop off/pick up my child each day?Each camp will have specific drop off and pick up instructions based on location. This allows for medical staff to perform a temperature check on each child while there is still a parent/guardian available.
- Whitenight: medical check in at field entrance, driver can proceed along Whitenight Field fence to parking area, turn around, and exit
- Creekview Park: medical check in at driveway gate, driver can then proceed to parking lot, turn around, and exit park
- Koehler Fieldhouse: medical check in at the Smith Street parking lot (across from Fieldhouse), driver can loop around and exit lot
- Eiler-Martin Stadium: medical check in at stadium gate entrance, driver can loop around and exit lot
- Can my child carpool with other families?For safety reasons we ask that families do not carpool and that campers are brought each day by a member of the household in which they reside (parent, guardian, sibling, etc).
- Can I watch my camper(s) during their time at camp?For safety reasons, at this time we cannot allow spectators in the venues. We ask that you leave campus after dropping off your camper.
- What if my child becomes ill during camp?In the event that a camper begins to exhibit symptoms of illness, that individual will be removed from the venue and their emergency contact will be notified to come and pick the camper up. The camper will be isolated from the rest of the campers BUT WILL NOT BE LEFT ALONE until his/her ride can pick them up
- What about meals and hydration for my camper?We strongly encourage campers to bring their own water and snacks/meals, and enough of each to get them through the day. At this time East Stroudsburg University is not offering communal water sources (coolers, Waterboys, etc) or meals of any kind for campers.
East Stroudsburg University offers a variety of programs, from swim lessons to summer camps, designed to improve athletic skills, provide academic enrichment, and explore new and exciting activities.
Programs are available in a variety of sports and academic disciplines to children ages 6 - 18 years.
We’re sure to have something for everybody, no matter what your interests are so check out the links below to find what interests you!
Have Questions? Call us at (570) 422-3061 or email@example.com.