These are very general instructions. Each device is different and will connect to the server differently. Please be aware of this when you are trying to set up your email on your phone or other Internet capable device.
To set up email on your Internet capable device or your phone follow the steps below (faculty/staff see the below link for additional information):
- Go to your email accounts or settings options on the device.
- You need to use the Microsoft Exchange Support or the Corporate Sync function. This will vary by model and type of device. Some devices use Microsoft Exchange Support while others use Corporate Sync.
- You will need to provide your email address, username and password.
- Finally you will need to setup a security pin for your device if it doesn't already have one before you start to receive email.
- Do not need to add a "domain" but must use their email address as the username.
- The server for students' mobile and internet ready devices is: "outlook.office365.com".
- The SSL option must be enabled on your phone or other device.