Worthwhile IT Information for New Students
Please access the accepted student page for information on your login id, and the creation of your password, as well as a number of other tasks for new students.
Current creation of your id is typically the first letter of your first name, your last name, and maybe a number in cases where the last name is common [Hernandez, Smith, etc.].
- Once created, a student id / password allows access to:
- myESU, also called the “portal”, is an essential link into a student's academic persona on campus. It allows bill payment, Financial Aid, grades information [academic information], residence hall billing, meal plan billing, as well as important connections to events and programs on campus.
- All public lab pcs on campus. See note below [where are the computer labs?] for more information.
- Access to the main campus WiFi network [ESU-STUDENTS for students and ESU-Wifi for staff] from a laptop is via your id and password off of a prompted login when you access the Internet through a browser.
- The residence life network WiFi network is ResNet - see link: residence life network for registration and access information.
- D2L is used by most professors in their classes for assignments [due dates, drop boxes, etc], lectures and notes, media presentations, and other classroom work, as well as remote classroom access. A student needs to be registered for current [this semester] classes to go anywhere involving classes, but your student id and password alone should allow login to log into D2L.
**Note: Please keep in mind: student numbers are on the back of your e-cards. Please keep track of you card at all times.
Wireless connection on campus:
- IMPORTANT... On iPhones you will have to search for private Wi-Fi Address in settings and turn that off.
- If you find a problematic area for wireless, please call the help desk to report or discuss (570) 422-3789. We do our best to ensure that you will have a connect around campus.
Resnet [wifi] exists in the residence halls
Before accessing the Internet through the dorm network [ResNet], computers will be scanned for up-to-date antivirus software and the latest Windows, Mac OS. Failure to have updates installed will delay access to the Internet. Students must have a valid ESU account in order to start the process. After completion students will be able to register gaming consoles and other devices that are WiFi capable. All Residence Halls have wireless access. If problems persist contact the ResNet Help Desk at ext. 3789. See ResNet for More information.
Where are the computer labs?
See computer labs for a full list of labs and hours of operation.
How do I log onto a computer on campus?
Once a student activates their account online from home or on Campus (ie. the Academic Computing office), they should be able to log onto any lab computer on campus. Enter student username, password, and make sure the domain is set to "STUDENT".
What if I need help with Desire2Learn?
Contact Devin A. Feighan at ext. 2869.
I don't remember my password or How do I activate my Account:
Change Email Password. You will need your E-Card.