The Master of Science (M.S.) education program in Communication Sciences & Disorders at East Stroudsburg University is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Blvd. #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, (800) 498-2071 or (301) 296-5700.
The master's program prepares:
- Students to take the ETS Praxis Exam in Speech-Language Pathology which is a requirement for the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC).
- Students to be eligible for a Pennsylvania license in speech–language pathology.
- Students to complete requirements for the Instructional I Certificate (Teacher of the Speech–Language Impaired) in Pennsylvania schools (with the completion of certain education courses, a student teaching semester, and required state testing). The choice of the school certification option may lengthen the students' degree program.
- Students to gain experience at:
- at the Speech & Hearing Center in Monroe Hall and;
- placements various schools and medical facilities locally and in several states.
Externship experiences include:
- Rehabilitation centers
- Skilled nursing facilities
Professional Licensure Disclosures and Distance Learning State Authorization: Applicants who are applying to programs that may lead to licensure in states other than Pennsylvania must be aware of the various state professional licensure requirements. Please see ESU's professional licensure disclosures, Evaluation of Conduct Record, and check licensure requirements by occupation and state at CareerOneStop.