Students should complete the on-line graduate college application found on the university website.
All application documents, transcripts, and supporting material must be received no later than February 1st for fall admission. Admission decisions are generally made in March.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Students must be admitted to both the ESU Graduate College and the M.S. in Communication Sciences & Disorders program
Questions may be directed to, Dr. LuAnn Magnuson, the department’s Graduate Coordinator, at email@example.com
Summary of materials needed (Send all of the following materials to the graduate college)
- Proof of a completed bachelor’s degree
- You must have at least a 3.0 in your major course of study
- You must have at least a 3.0 overall
- Official transcripts of all college work
- Graduate College application (on graduate college page)
- Application fee
- Three letters of recommendation (form may be found on graduate college page)
- Statement of professional goals in essay format (1-2 pages)
*** Requirement of GRE results has been waived for 2022 cohort applicants
Speech-Language Pathology or communication sciences and disorders courses that are required include the following:
- Introduction to Communication Disorders
- Speech and Language Development
- Anatomy & Physiology of the Speech and Hearing Mechanism
- Introduction to Audiology
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Speech Science
Other Undergraduate courses:
- Child Development or Developmental Psychology
- College level math course (other than statistics)
- English composition/writing
- Natural sciences (6 credits), must include 3 credits in biological science, the study of living organisms, and 3 credits in chemistry or physics
- Behavioral sciences (6 credits)
Prospective students who do not have the above undergraduate courses or their equivalents may choose to complete them at any accredited university.
It should be noted that, due to limitations in the number of students who can be accepted into the M.S. Communication Sciences and Disorders program, not all applicants who meet the above admission requirements can necessarily be accepted.