Consent for the Collection and Processing of Sensitive or Personal Data from the European Union for Admission and Enrollment Purposes
- Pursuant to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR), the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and its member universities, including East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania (“University”), in its capacity as a data controller under the EU GDPR, must obtain explicit, affirmative consent before it can collect or process any sensitive or personal data for a lawful basis including for admission and enrollment purposes.
- Sensitive data includes data revealing racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; genetic or biometric data; health data; or data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
- Any sensitive or personal data that is collected will be for the sole purpose of application for admission to the University that is sent from the EU and is necessary for that purpose or for any purpose permitting the use of sensitive or personal data under applicable law or to meet other compliance obligations of the University.
- I understand that any sensitive or personal data that is collected will also be used to report serious illness, injury, or other health or emergency situations involving me, as well as to address or report discrimination, harassment, sexual or gender-based misconduct and criminal behavior which may be committed by or against me or otherwise involve me, on or off campus, to appropriate authorities including staff, faculty, and administrators of the University or appropriate legal or governmental authorities under applicable policies of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education or the University (including but not limited to applicable codes of conduct) and applicable laws (including but not limited to Title IX and the Clery Act).
- I understand that refusal to consent to the use of sensitive or personal data, and the transfer of sensitive or personal data overseas, for the purpose outlined in this notice may make it impossible for the University to carry out necessary activities, and may preclude the University’s ability to provide requested services.
- I understand I have the right to withdraw consent to the collection and processing of sensitive or personal data and to do so, I must contact Chris Kielt at firstname.lastname@example.org. I also understand that the complete deletion of data will not be feasible in all situations to ensure the University’s ability to comply with regulatory requirements.