The Master of Science education program in Speech-Language Pathology at East Stroudsburg University is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) 2200 Research Blvd. #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, (800) 498-2071 or (301) 296-5700
The master's program prepares:
- Students to take the ETS Praxis Exam in Speech-Language Pathology which is a requirement for the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC).
- Students to be eligible for a Pennsylvania license in speech–language pathology.
- Students to complete requirements for the Instructional I Certificate (Teacher of the Speech–Language Impaired) in Pennsylvania schools (with the completion of certain education courses, a student teaching semester, and required state testing). The choice of the school certification option may lengthen the students' degree program.
- Students to gain experience at:
- at the Speech & Hearing Center in Monroe Hall and;
- placements various schools and medical facilities locally and in several states.
Externship experiences include:
- Rehabilitation centers
- Skilled nursing facilities