Deadline and Information
Fall 2018 (for spring 2019 or fall 2019 release):
- Friday, September 14, 2018, 1:00 pm
- Friday, November 2, 2018, 1:00
Spring 2019 (for fall 2019 or spring 2020 release)
- Friday, February 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
- Friday, March 22, 2019, 1:00 pm
Apply via ESU eGRANTS
(review application instructions in guidelines prior to applying)
The FDR Course Release Grant is designed to support ESU tenured faculty members only who are pursuing a specific substantial external source(s) of funding for their research and/or creative activity.
This grant will be awarded for the period of time while the faculty member develops their grant proposal and the total of the grant request must be or exceed $50,000. This is a competitive grant program and a very limited number of course releases will be awarded per year.
The funding opportunity the faculty member intends to apply to must be fully identified and spelled out in the application: including the name of funding agency, deadline, the grant program title, the URL for the grant, etc.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Release time from teaching one course during one semester of the academic year (fall or spring).
- Individualized support for grant development from the Office of Sponsored Projects and Research (OSPR). The support will include proofreading and editing, budget development, and final technical submission. (The exact nature of the OSPR’s support will be determined based upon the needs of the applicant and the nature of the grant submission process as outlined by the funding agency.)
*Approval from the applicant’s department chair and dean is required upon applying for a Course Release Grant.
Review the 2018-2019 FDR Guidelines for full instructions, expectations, and eligibility information.