Students that pursue this minor have a competitive advantage in the job market.
Understanding economic principles will help managers make enhanced decisions for the company or industry in which they work. Knowlege of these topics are useful in other fields where the economy and good management practices impacts operations.
Economics and Management Interdisciplinary Minor
This interdisciplinary minor requires completion of 21 Semester Hours (7 Classes). It requires a total of four economics classes (Principles of Macroeconomics - ECON 111 and Prncipes of Microeconomics - ECON 112 are required. Students may choose the remaining 2 classes). The minor also requires three management courses (Principles of Management - MGT 200 is required. Students may choose the reamaining 2 classes) A minimum of three courses (9) credits of the minor's total of seven courses must be 300 or 400 level. At least four of the seven required courses for the Minor must be completed at ESU. This minor is NOT available to Economics or Management majors
Suggested Majors for an Economics and Management Interdisciplinary Minor
- Business Administration - Develops planning and analytical Skills
- Political Science - Knowledge of economic principles integral to planning public policy
- History - Economic principles are integral in the analysis of historical events
- Computer Science - Promotes analytical and management skills
- Math - Promotes analytical skills and understanding of risk management