Internships for Economics Majors
Internships, which can be paid or unpaid, have very strong potential of enriching students' knowledge and elevating experience in multiple fields of learning. Students who meet the criteria for internships can arrange to complete internships for college credit. Students who wish to pursue specific opportunities must talk to their advisers and the department Chair, Dr. Quainoo. In the past, internships have been provided by the following business organizations:
- Wells Fargo- Strives to be the financial services leader in customer service/advice, team member engagement, innovation, risk management, corporate citizenship, and shareholder value.
- Enterprise - the largest transportation solutions provider. It offers car and truck rentals, as well as car sharing and car sales. It is in over 85 countries with more than 7,600 locations.
- Sanofi Pasteur - provides opportunities for students who are interested in healthcare economics.
- The Washington Center: Manchester Trade LTD - provides opportunities for diverse economic interests.
- Troposfere - provides exposure to innovative collaboration and marketing.
- PPL Corporation - provides opportunities for developing customer-relation skills and understanding the essence of innovation.
- Help the Children Hear - creates opportunities for exposure to healthcare economics and humanitarian assistance.
To help you locate an internship opportunity, or if you want to prepare for your job search after graduation, we encourage you to look into the Career Leadership Program (co-sponsored by ESU’s Department of Political Science & Economics and the Career Services Office). This program is designed to help students identify their career goals and to assist with planning and job seeking skills. All Economics majors are eligible to take advantage of the resources and support available in this unique program. To get involved:
- Visit the Career Services Office (top floor of the University Center) or call (570) 422-3219 to schedule your appointment.
- Career Services staff will get to know you and will work with you to begin formulating your Career Leadership action plan.
- Enrolled students will receive information about upcoming career events, activities and resources via e-mail and on the Career Services web site.
Even if you choose not to sign up for the program, you may still visit Career Development for many resources. The site provides access to a variety of personalized, career-focused activities that will help you to get the most out of your ESU experience, including:
- Free career assessments and career planning resources
- Individualized career planning sessions with staff
- Opportunities to network and get insider advice about internships, jobs and graduate school
- Career workshops and practice interviews
- Guidance on how to take advantage of recruiting and career day events
- Campus Address
- Stroud Hall
- (570) 422-3286
- (570) 422-3937 (Fax)
- Title of Department Leader
- Department Chair
- Samuel Quainoo
- (570) 422-3275