The Language Learning Center (LLC) is dedicated to providing multimedia support to language students at East Stroudsburg University. The LLC also houses materials for independent study of a great number of languages. Any member of the ESU community is invited to make use of the LLC's resources, and may inquire at the department.
The lab consist of 31 Dell Optiplex 380 computers with Intel Pentium® 2.6GHz, Dual-Core Processors.
The LLC is open five days a week, Monday-Friday, 9AM - 4PM.
For more information, please contact the Department of Modern Languages, Philosophy, and Religion (Stroud Hall 208), or call (570) 422-3407.
The lab's major interactive content for language learning includes:
- Tell Me More
- Oral Language Archives
Other resources include three web-streamed services available to all ESU students, faculty and staff: uTalk, Pronunciator and Ethnologue. Connect with them online from anywhere, or in the LLC, at 100+ Languages. Also available is all digital content bundled with textbooks used in ESU language courses.
Some associations which promote the development of language media centers include:
- International Association for Language Learning Technology (IALLT) is a professional organization whose members provide leadership in the development, integration, evaluation and management of instructional technology for the teaching and learning of language, literature and culture.
- Northeast Association for Language Learning Technology (NEALLT), like its parent organization IALLT, is a professional non-profit membership organization working toward the goal of improving language instruction through the use of technology. Its purpose is to promote more effective use and a better under standing of technology-based instruction in language resource centers at all levels of education and training.
- The New England Regional Association for Language Learning Technology (NERALLT) is an organization for those concerned with the use and development of language media centers. As the oldest regularly meeting language laboratory organization in the U.S., NERALLT was the inspiration for the regional structure of the International Association for Language Learning Technology (IALLT), with which it continues to be affiliated.
- Campus Address
- Stroud Hall 208
- (570) 422-3407
- Title of Department Leader
- Department Chair, Modern Languages, Philosophy, and Religion
- Jeff Ruth
- (570) 422-3419