Gain Credible Work Experience and Network With Your Campus Community
Conditions of Student Employment
Students must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester during the academic year; maximum hours worked during this time frame cannot exceed 20 hours per week (8 hours per day limit). Students seeking employment for the summer must be enrolled either for a summer session or for the upcoming fall semester.
When classes are not in session, students can work 37.5 hours per week (the 8 hours per day limit still applies).
Students must also be eligible to work in the United States and provide documentation to that effect.
Types of Student Employment
Finding a Student Job
For all available student employment positions, visit studentemployment@esu. Click on the Student Positions link. Begin your search by reviewing the positions posted, by following the Search Jobs link.
How to Apply Online
Create an Account. This will enable you to apply for your desired student worker position. E-mail notifications will update you on the status of your application.
- Student Employment Verification Form
- I-9 — Employment Eligibility Verification Form
- W-4 — Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Residency Certification Form - Local Earned Income Tax Withholding
- LST (Local Service Tax Form)
- Original Social Security Card and a Photo ID
- Note: Direct Deposit Form is Mandatory (This is different than signing up for direct deposit of Financial Aid or overpayment on your awards)
Online Time Card (E-Time)
- Create Password by using Student Password Change.
- Log into the State System Portal (E-time) and enter your username this will be whatever you use for your e-mail followed by @esu.passhe.lcl Example- (for Amy B. Smith would be firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
For Help with Online Applications, Employment Documentation, Payroll Questions, please contact Payroll at (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or (570) 422-3962.
For Help with E-Time, please contact the Help Desk at Email: email@example.com or (570) 422-3789.