Help us help you!
HR has implemented an Onboarding Process through the ATLAS system to make hiring students much easier for everyone.
When hired, students can now access their new-hire packets and background check paperwork to complete their action items.
Considering hiring student workers?
Please see the following steps – NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to these requirements:
- Supervisor emails a PAF-STU with a JD to email@example.com
- The minimum wage must be applied ($7.25/hr).
- Human Resources does not set pay rates.
- Once HR posts the position, students then apply to the job
- Students interested in the position MUST apply
- If a student does not apply, we are unable to link the student to the position and we cannot move forward with the hiring process.
- Supervisor completes Student Worker Hire Form
- Supervisors must complete the form with all of the questions answered for HR to onboard the student.
- If you need access to complete the form please email HR at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the form.
- This form must be completed for all new student hires & updates to current student hires.
- HR Launches Onboarding
- HR will launch onboarding for the students received from the form
- If a student is on list, but has not applied, HR cannot move forward with the hiring process for this student.
Hiring: Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a requisition (req)?
A requisition is a request for an employee to work within a position that has become available.
- How do I create a requisition?
Please email HR the PAF-STU & Job Description for the position to be posted. Contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call (570) 422-3422 for further information.
- I am unable to see who has applied for a job. Who do I contact?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that your ATLAS access has been set up correctly.
To ensure that students are paid on time for their hours worked, it is important that students enter their hours in eTime and supervisors approve their hours by the deadline.
eTime is the web-based system for time entry and approval of student time with single/multiple time approvers called Timekeepers.
- Students must enter their hours by 11:59 p.m. deadline every other Friday
- Timekeepers/Supervisors must approve and sign their students’ hours by 12:00 noon deadline, the following Monday.
If the student or supervisor enters & approves hours late those hours will not be paid out on the oriignal scheudled pay date.
Important Reminders to Supervisors
We NO LONGER accept paper timesheets.
- Be sure to approve student workers’ time in eTime as soon as possible
- Unapproved time will result in failure to receive pay until following pay date (two weeks later).
If supervisor misses deadline to approve time, contact Student Payroll Specialist
at (570) 422-3422 immediately.