Help us help you!
HR has implemented an Onboarding Process through the ATLAS system to make hiring students much easier for everyone.
When hired, students can now access their new-hire packets and background check paperwork, and complete their compliance training in one convenient place.
Considering hiring student workers?
Please see the following steps – NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to these requirements:
- Supervisor enters a requisition
- A requisition must be entered into ATLAS for the new position.
- The minimum wage must be applied ($7.25/hr).
- Human Resources does not set pay rates.
- Students apply to job
- Students interested in the position MUST apply
- If a student does not apply, we are unable to link the student to the position and we cannot move forward with the hiring process.
- Supervisor emails HR the name of the student to be hired
- Supervisors must email the names of any students they would like to hire to the HR Student Payroll Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HR Launches Onboarding
- HR will launch onboarding for the students on the list.
- If a student is on list, but has not applied, HR cannot move forward with the hiring process for this student.
Hiring: Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a requisition (req)?
A requisition is a request for an employee to work within a position that has become available. Creating this request allows for people to apply for the job.
- How do I create a requisition?
- I am unable to see who has applied for a job. Who do I contact?
Contact email@example.com to confirm that your ATLAS access has been set up correctly.
- What do I do after I have hired an employee?
Notify the Student Payroll Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org to commence the hiring process.
To ensure that students are paid on time for their hours worked, it is important that students enter their hours in eTime and supervisors approve their hours by the deadline.
eTime is the web-based system for time entry and approval of student time with single/multiple time approvers called Timekeepers.
- Students must enter their hours by 11:59pm deadline every other Friday
- Timekeepers/Supervisors must approve and sign their students’ hours by 12pm noon deadline, the following Monday.
If a student missed their Friday deadline, the Timekeeper/Supervisor has the ability to enter the student’s hours before their own Monday 12pm deadline, in order for the student to be paid on time.
If time is entered after the Timekeeper’s 12pm, deadline, the student may not get paid until the following pay date.
Important Reminders to Supervisors
We NO LONGER accept paper timesheets.
- Be sure to approve student workers’ time in eTime as soon as possible
- Unapproved time will result in failure to receive pay until following pay date (two weeks later).
If supervisor misses deadline to approve time, contact Student Payroll Specialist
at (570) 422-3422 immediately.