The ESU Campus Rec & Wellness is an exclusive membership only facility extended to students. Faculty, staff, retirees, alumni, and spouses will be able to purchase a membership, however, proof of vaccination is required.
Besides the convenience of being on Campus, members of Campus Rec & Wellness receive excellent customer service in a well maintained, safe, unassuming and helpful environment. Each day the staff strives to deliver a great value that compliments and exceeds your investment in the pursuit of a happier, healthy life. As a member, a wonderful array of benefits and amenities allows you to create conveniences and variety in your fitness routine.
How To Join
- Check Your Eligibility: Scroll below to see if you are eligible to join the Rec Centers as well as view the membership rates.
- Obtain a Membership Form: Membership application are available by emailing Gerard Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org). *Current students are not required to get a memberhsip form*
- Fill out your membership form: Once this form is completed, the form will automatically be sent to Gerard Morgan.
- Once the form is completed: We will reach out to you to collect proof of vaccination, ecard, current paystub
(for faculty/staff), and proof of retirement/graduation.
- Payment Options: Cash, credit cards, checks, or Venmo are accepted. Payroll deduction is available for University employees.
- Payment Plans: Payment choices include by semester or year.
- Campus Rec & Wellness does not have any joining fees!
- Need More Information: contact Gerard Morgan at (570) 422-2978 or email@example.com
- ESU Students
ESU Students registered for class have the Rec Center fee included in their student bill.
- ESU Graduate Students*
ESU Graduate Students have the Rec Center fee included in their student bill.
*ESU Athletic Training Graduate students will need to Opt-In to the Rec Center fee using WarriorLink. This will have the fee added to your account.*
- ESU Thesis Student Fees:Fall or Spring – $180 | Summer – $120
A graduate student at ESU who is not enrolled in classes and has not completed his/her research by the end of the semester s/he was registered. IMPORTANT NOTE: This membership is only available for the semester immediately following the semester he/she was enrolled for the thesis credit(s).
- Faculty, Staff, Alumni & Retiree Regular Membership Fees:Year – $480 | Fall or Spring – $180 | Summer – $120
- Faculty/Staff: Person currently employed by East Stroudsburg University or its approved affiliate organizations currently approved Affiliate organizations are Student Activity Association, Inc., ARAMARK and University Ridge;
- Alumni: Person who has graduated (Degree Conferred) from East Stroudsburg University;
- Retiree: Person who officially retired from his/her position at East Stroudsburg University.
- Faculty, Staff, Alumni & Retiree Early Bird Membership Fees:Year – $360 | Fall, Spring or Summer – $120
All categories of eligibility listed in the Faculty, Staff, Alumni and Retiree Memberships applies with the addition of the following membership restrictions: During the business week (Monday through Friday), Early Bird members must enter either facility prior to 11:00 AM. The weekday restriction is suspended for the summer session and when the facility has adjusted hours for holidays and breaks.
- Faculty, Staff, Alumni, Retiree, or Student’s Spouse or Partner Fees:Year – $370 | Fall or Spring – $140 | Summer – $90
Spouse: A person who is legally married to one another.
Domestic Partner: Person over the age of 18 that lives with the sponsor in the same residence on a continuous basis for at least the past six months, are jointly responsible for the common welfare and financial obligations of each other, are not married nor related to one another.
- Members have unrestricted access to Mattioli Rec Center. An ESU Faculty, Staff, Alumni, Retiree or Student with a current membership must sponsor his/her spouse or domestic partner.
- The length of the spouse or domestic partner’s membership may not exceed the sponsor’s membership. Examples: Spouse of a student may only purchase the current semester as student memberships are only one semester at a time. If a staff member purchases an annual membership, the domestic partner may purchase any number of semesters provided it does not exceed the end date of the staff’s membership. If a faculty member cancels his/her membership, the domestic partner’s membership will be automatically canceled.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Faculty and Staff Payroll Deduction is not available for this option.