Thank you pilot departments for helping to redesign your site content, and helping to build the new ESU website!
Please do not share this page or these resources beyond your departments at this time. We may refine some content as we learn from your experience, before distributing this to the wider ESU community.
- First Step: Please complete the Site Structure Outline for your new website. This will help you determine
- the specific pages of your site, based on your card sorting result
- what content and tasks are present on each page
- and what layout components will help to convey that content
- The "Kitchen Sink" page provides examples of all the different components you may add to a page --
tabs, sidebars, callouts, scrolling widgets, etc. -- as in, "everything but the kitchen
- Gateway Pages are the one alternate layout offered -- useful for top-level pages where the most important task is to link deeply within the section.
- Template Content Options explains many elements on Kitchen Sink, with guidance on how and where it can be used.
- ESU's current website content standards are still relevant and will help you avoid common pitfalls of page design.
Please contact Maccabee Levine with any questions about this redesign process.