ESU’s logos and marks may be used by student organizations and university departments under certain conditions.
This guide will help you determine:
The ESU marks may not be altered and all merchandise must include the student organization or university department's name/logo prominently on the product. Organizations and departments are required to use licensed manufacturers for all products bearing ESU marks.
Please review the institutional Visual Identity Guide for more specific information regarding use guidelines.
The Retail License is used by companies that desire to produce licensed products for resale to the general public. The Internal License is used by companies that desire to only produce licensed products for internal consumption at the selected institution. No products produced under this license agreement may be sold to the general public.
The cost for a Retail or Internal License Agreement is: $250 non-refundable application fee.
The use of general ESU marks (ESU Logo, Seal or other logos found on the art sheet, etc.) or any licensed ESU Athletics' marks, where the student organization or university department name is not predominant to the design, requires payment of the standard royalty fee (12%) by the licensed vendor.
Student organizations and university departments will not be subject to payment of the royalty fee as long as the proposed design on their merchandise makes the specific organization or department the predominant element of the design, and the merchandise is for internal use or fundraising only.
Student organizations and university departments who wish to use ESU marks on apparel (such as t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, etc.), gift items (such as mugs, key chains, jewelry, etc.) and miscellaneous items (such as flags, signs, etc.) must follow these steps.
- All items with a ESU trademark (name, logo, etc.) must be manufactured by a vendor licensed by ESU. See Local Vendors and ESU Licensees.
- Create a sketch of the proposed design. Complete the Internal Licensing Approval Form and include a copy of the artwork.
- Once the artwork/product proof and approval form is received, the Office of University
Relations will review your submission. You will receive a notification email detailing
if the artwork/product proof is approved, approved with changes or denied.
- Typically, the review process is 2-5 university business days. Each request is reviewed on a case-by-case basis to ensure compliance with ESU policies.
- If artwork/product proof is approved, contact the vendor to finalize the design and have them submit the design on CLC’s artwork approval portal, BrandManager360.
- If your artwork/product proof is not approved, you will receive an email detailing
why your design was denied and clarifying the changes needed for approval. It is your
responsibility to ensure the vendor makes the corrective changes and submits the design
on CLC's artwork approval portal, BrandManager360.
- Merchandise produced without authorization infringes on ESU's trademarks and will be subject to all available legal remedies.
Should you have any questions about the process, contact the ESU Office of University Relations at (570) 422-3534.
The complete list of East Stroudsburg University's licensees is updated quarterly. It was last updated on July 8, 2021.
Student organizations and university departments who do not see their preferred vendor on this list may ask that vendor to become an approved licensee.