The digital sign screens around campus are intended to promote campus events and provide important information (and reminders) to faculty/staff/students. The digital signs are not intended to promote commercial advertising, unless there is a direct affiliation to ESU associated with the message.
Sign Format Requirements
- Submit using Microsoft Office PowerPoint, landscape orientation, Standard (4:3) slide size. Widescreen (16:9) slides cannot be posted on campus signage.
- Do not include the ESU logo, as it is already present on the digital signage template surrounding every slide.
- Artwork or photographs may be used on slides as long as they relate to the message,
are deemed appropriate content by the digital sign administrator, and do not cause any copyright infringement.
- When selecting an image, do not stretch or skew the image to make it fit the space available. Shrinking an proportionally, or cropping it, is fine.
- The filename should not begin with "Digital Signage."
- Any social media accounts referenced on the sign must be listed among ESU's affiliated social media.
Keep it Brief and Readable
Slides rotate after 15 seconds. Don't give people a ton of details to remember.
- Each sign/slide must have a title of no more than 25 characters and type size no less than 24 pt.
- Body of the message should be in paragraph or bulleted format and should be no more than 50 words in length. Font size should be no less than 16 pt.
- Colored font type must have sufficient contrast from background to be considered readable.