The digital sign screens around campus are intended to promote campus events and provide important information (and reminders) to faculty/staff/students. The digital signs are not intended to promote commercial advertising, unless there is a direct affiliation to ESU associated with the message.
Approval & Timeline
- Submit digital signs to the vice president of your division for approval, or the faculty or staff adviser for student organizations.
- If you have a residence hall-specific message, please contact the resident director.
- Once approved by the appropriate party, submit to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the requested posting date. The sign(s) will be reviewed and approved by the director of web services.
- If the submission does not meet the approval of the vice president or designee and/or the director of web services, it may be returned to the individual submitting the material for edits.
- The web team will post approved signs on all university digital signage players.
- Sign(s) will be removed from the rotation based on the requested removal date or earlier.
Sign Format Requirements
- Submit using Microsoft Office PowerPoint, landscape orientation, Standard (4:3) slide size. Widescreen (16:9) slides cannot be posted on campus signage.
- Provide requested posting date and requested removal date with your submission.
- Keep your sign brief and readable. Slides rotate after 15 seconds.
- Each sign/slide must have a title of no more than 25 characters and type size no less than 24 pt.
- Body of the message should be in paragraph or bulleted format and should be no more than 50 words in length. Font size should be no less than 16 pt.
- Colored font type must have sufficient contrast from background to be considered readable.
- Artwork or photographs may be used on slides as long as they relate to the message,
are deemed appropriate content by the digital sign administrator, and do not cause
any copyright infringement.
- When selecting an image, do not stretch or skew the image to make it fit the space available. Shrinking an proportionally, or cropping it, is fine.
- Do not include the ESU logo, as it is already present on the digital signage template surrounding every slide.