Requests for electronic messages to the ESU campus community must be submitted to the Office of University Relations and approved by your vice president.
Campus-Wide E-mail (Listserv) Requirements:
- Listserv messages must be submitted in Microsoft Word or the body of an email. Messages must include a subject line and not exceed 150 words.
- Attachments are not allowed. Any supporting documents must be opened and embedded (visible) in the message as JPEG file. (If you are using a PDF document, save it as a JPEG and then insert it into your e-mail before forwarding for approval and distribution.) Messages may also include hyperlinks to other documents, sites, or URLs that pertain specifically to the message being announced.
- Listserv messages must be submitted for approval at least one week prior to requested distribution.
- All messages should be checked for correct spelling and grammar. The Office of University Relations reserves the right to edit or return messages to the originator for appropriate editing if necessary.
- Please specify if your message should be sent to ESU faculty and staff OR ESU students. If your message is pertinent to faculty, staff and students, it may be included in Warrior Notes instead a separate listserv, at the discretion of University Relations.
- Once a message is prepared it should be forwarded to the individuals below for approval.
All listserv messages should be approved in the following order:
- Department director or chair, or faculty/staff adviser for student organizations
- Dean of the college or vice president
- Director of university relations