The University wishes to promote pedestrian safety and the following regulations are being enforced to assist pedestrian and vehicular traffic to operate in a safe manner.
- Pedestrians must use marked crosswalks at all times
- The driver of any vehicle must yield the right-of-way to any pedestrian in a marked crosswalk or within any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection
- The pedestrian must exercise care when entering any crosswalk. He/she should not suddenly leave a curb or other place of safety and walk or run into the path of a vehicle, which is so close as to constitute a hazard
- The driver of any vehicle that is approaching an intersection or a marked crosswalk may not pass a vehicle that is stopped to permit a pedestrian to cross the roadway
- Pedestrians crossing the highway at any point other than at an intersection or a marked crosswalk must yield the right-of-way to all vehicles
- Any vehicle emerging from or entering any alley, building, private road, driveway or parking lot shall yield to the right-of-way to any pedestrian approaching on the sidewalk extending across the alley, building entrance, road or driveway