How to Start an Organization
Thank you for being interested in enhancing the Warrior Community by establishing a recognized student organization on campus.
There are many perks to becoming a recognized group under the Student Government Association.
How to Get Started!
- Contact Matt Ingram, Director of Student Organizations & Commuter Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 422-3055 to set up a meeting to discuss your vision for a new student organizations. He will aid you in accomplishing your goal of creating a new student organization on campus every step of the way!
- You will be sent an Intent to Organize Form once you meet with Matt Ingram.
Things to Keep in Mind
- No two student organizations may have the same name, mission, or purpose.
- You must have 3 different students serving as officers for your student organization. Officers must include President, Treasurer, one other position.
- Must have an identified Advisor.
- Plan to have at least one meeting a month.
- A constitution must be developed and approved by the SGA. (You will receive a template and assistance with this process).
- All Policies and Procedures can be found in the Handbook for Recognized Student Organizations at SGA’s Handbook for Recognized Student Organizations.