Start It Grants can provide up to $1,200 to allow a faculty member to develop a new skillset, purchase necessary equipment or datasets, or complete a small-scale pilot project.
Please see the FDR Guidelines for eligibility, what the committee funds, submission instructions, and proposal instructions.
All grant proposals must be submitted online via the University's grant application software: ESU eGRANTS
Start It Grants Can Support:
- Attending a workshop or course to gain new skills for use in forthcoming research
or creative activity.
- Examples might include obtaining additional training in new statistical techniques or new computer programming in support of your research; participation in a training intensive to learn novel dance techniques, etc.
- Workshops/courses must have a tangible skill associated with them; general conference attendance does not meet this requirement.
- Purchasing small equipment, datasets, specialized software, or laboratory supplies to complete a new project.
- Travel to collect new data in support of a research project.
- Hiring an outside agency or expert to support a pre-specified scholarly project