Continue the journey to your first semester at ESU! Exclusive experience for 1st and 2nd year students
Warrior Induction is a two-part process. Start on July 1 by exploring the many services and programs that ESU has to offer. Spend time learning about:
- Desire2Learn (D2L) is ESU’s course management program. D2L will help you connect to course resources and interact with other Warriors and your faculty.
- WarriorFish will help you set up appointments and connect you to supportive resources.
- Way of the Warrior embodies a set of principles and values that Warriors should embrace and exemplify.
- Campus Life helps you get connected to people, experiences, and resources.
Your induction culminates with the start of the fall semester: Warrior Induction Weekend
During Warrior Induction Weekend, you will:
- Meet your Peer Mentor, an upper-class student who will help you through your entire fall semester. They will connect you to resources, answer your questions, and orient you to the campus and off-campus community.
- Learn about self-care: managing stress, anxiety, and homesickness, risks and consequences associated with using alcohol and drugs, maintaining healthy and respectful relationships, and understanding the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion – which are core values of a Warrior.
Warrior Induction Weekend Schedule
- Friday, August 27 (Warrior Spirit‐wear Theme: Please wear White)
New Student Welcome & Orientation Time Topic Location & Building Number 8a.m.-6p.m. Resident Hall Move-In
10 a.m.-3p.m. COVID-19 Testing Clinic Flagler-Metzgar Center (22) 5-7p.m. Dinner on
Option: Dansbury Commons (19) 7-8:15p.m. Mandatory Floor Meeting
7:45-8:15p.m. Commuter Student Gathering
Mattioli Recreation Center (69)
8:30-9p.m. Walk of the Warrior Stonehenge
(Corner of Prospect & Normal Streets)
9-11p.m. Ignite your Warrior Pep Rally Eiler-Martin Stadium (11)
- Saturday, August 28 (Warrior Spirit‐wear Theme: Please wear Black)
New Student Welcome & Orientation Time Topic Location & Building Number 8-8:50a.m. Check-in Sci Tech Lawn (70) 9-10a.m. Warrior, Set, Go! Various Locations 10-10:45a.m. Breakfast on Your Own Option: Dansbury
10 a.m.-3p.m. COVID-19 Testing Clinic Flagler-Metzgar Center (22) 10:45-10:55a.m. Meet-ups with Peer Mentors Various Locations 11a.m.-12p.m.
Zero Shades of Gray & The Freedom to be Yourself
Abeloff Center for the Performing Arts - Red Group (3)/Recreation Center - Black Group (69)
10 a.m.- 3p.m. COVID-19 Testing Clinic Flagler-Metzgar Center (22) 12:15-1:15p.m. The Freedom to be Yourself & Zero Shades of Gray Mattioli Recreation Center - Red Group (69)/Abeloff Center for the Performing Arts - Black Group (3) 1:15-2:15p.m. Lunch on Your Own Option: Dansbury Commons (19) 2:30-3:30p.m. Hypnotic Intoxication Mattioli Rec Center (69) 4-6p.m. Break Relax, explore campus & Poconos, or finish your Everfi trainings 6-7p.m. Dinner on Your Own Option: Dansbury Commons (19) 7:30-7:50p.m. Meet-ups with Peer Mentors Various Locations 8-10 p.m. The 308 Mattioli Recreation Center Parking Lot (69 - Lot 11)
- Sunday, August 29 (Warrior Spirit‐wear Theme: Please wear Red)
New Student Welcome & Orientation Time Topic Location & Building Number 10-1p.m. Brunch/Lunch
on Your Own
Option: Dansbury Commons (19)
10 a.m.- 3p.m. COVID-19 Testing Clinic Flagler-Metzgar Center (22) 1-3p.m. Peer Mentor Meet Ups Various Locations 3-4p.m. Commuter Essentials
Main Quad/Tent (29)
3-4p.m. Warrior Wellness Hour Various Locations 4-7p.m. Warrior Cookout Main Quad (29) 6-8p.m. VIP Bookstore Night ESU Bookstore (15)
Important Links to Gear up for the Semester
For assistance or special accommodations, please contact email@example.com or (570) 422-3291. Accommodations may include, but are not limited to, services for physical, cognitive, visual or auditory assistance.