The Office of Employee Relations & Workforce Diversity's mission is to promote, plan and monitor social justice in the university community.
In addition, it is to implement programs that enhance the human rights of the members of the East Stroudsburg University family.
Moreover, the Office of Employee Relations & Workforce Diversity, with the cooperation of faculty, students, staff and administration, strives to:
- Ensure that the university is in compliance with equal employment law, affirmative action statutes, regulations, and legislation;
- Promote respect for individual differences and the right of individuals to be treated with respect and civility;
- Assure equity and to serve as an advocate for ethnic minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and other groups protected by federal, state or local laws;
- Assist in the creation of an environment in which diversity will be perceived as a strength; and
- Assist in the creation of a campus climate that is conducive to the optimal learning and development of all people at the university.