ESU students spend two semesters in their PDS experience. During Primary I, students work in the classroom with their mentor teacher and take classes on ESU's campus several days each week. The next semester, Primary II students return to the same school for two consecutive days in a PDS classroom each week working alongside another master teacher. The building liaisons provide professional development every other week after school at PDS sites to situate your professional development in a learning community.
You also spend two days a week in class at ESU. The days you are at ESU and the days you are in the field are determined by cohort assignment.
Other opportunities during the semesters include:
- Two week orientation to the semester and curriculum areas prior to going out to your PDS classroom.
- Various Professional Development opportunities provided throughout the semester (Primary II).
- Service Learning opportunities determined at each PDS site and within courses (Primary II.
Why Become a PDS Partner?
A PDS school is a school where everyone is a learner. It is an important clinical experience that connects teacher education and the world of best practice.
A PDS school has the benefit of an extra pair of hands and eyes in the classroom on a regular basis working with the teacher to improve student achievement.
It is a year and a half-long experience from the Primary I semester in a PDS cohort continuing through student teaching in the same learning community.
The PDS experience creates a new culture where everyone teaches and learns.
If you are interested in participating with the PDS program at East Stroudsburg University, please feel free to call the Office of Field Experiences and Partnerships at (570) 422-3413.
ESU ECED PDS Partners -2020-2021
- Bethlehem Area School District
- East Stroudsburg School District
- Bushkill - Principal: Matt Sadowsky; Liaison: Heather Dunn-Pavuk
- East Stroudsburg Elementary - Principal: David Baker; Liaison: Karen Green
- J. M. Hill - Principal: Michelle Arnold; Liaison: Jaci Leonard
- Middle Smithfield - Principal: Ray Lenhart; Liaison: Dawn Roses
- Resica - Principal: Gail Kulik; Liaison: Amy Lloyd
- Smithfield - Principal: Kristin Lord; Liaison: Victoria Heitzmann
- Nazareth Area School District
- Butz Elementary - Principal: Kelly Apruzzi; Liaison: Susan Klotz
- Pleasant Valley School District
- Pocono Mountain School District
- Swiftwater Elementary - Principals: L. Haynes (grades K and Amy grades 1), Krislin R. Ofalt (grades 2 and grades 3); Liason: Kate Lesoine
- Stroudsburg School District
- ESU MIDDLE LEVEL (GRADES 4-8) PARTNERS