Guidelines are being created and followed, equipment is being cleaned and spaced out, and our staff is excited to serve you!
Campus Rec & Wellness would like to announce that the Mattioli Recreation Center will be open on August 31 with limited hours and services available. The Student Recreation Center fee will be charged to students that are living on campus. All other students enrolled for Fall classes are eligible to OPT-IN to the Student Recreation Center fee.
This fee will enable students to utilize the building and services that will be offered throughout the fall semester.
Below are answers to many of the questions you may have. If you still have questions, do not hesitate to reach out to Gerard Morgan or (570) 422-2978.
- Will the Rec Center be open for the Spring 2021 Semester?Yes. We will be open starting January 18th, 2021, at 11:00am however, individuals will need to Opt-In to pay the Student Rec Center Fee.
- Will the facility be open regular hours?The facility will be opened modified hours. We will be open Monday – Friday from 7am – 9am, 11am – 3pm, and 4pm – 7pm. These breaks in the day will be used to fully sanitize the facility and prepare for the next wave of students.
- Do I need to pay to use the Rec Center?If you are living off campus, you will need to Opt-In to the Student Rec Center Fee. If you are living on campus, the fee is automatically applied to your account.
- How do I Opt-In to the Student Rec Center Fee?Go to WarriorLink and fill out the Campus Rec & Wellness: Opt-In Membership Application. If you have any issues logging into WarriorLink, please reach out to Gerard Morgan.
- If I decide to Opt-In, will I need to bring money to the Rec Center?Nope! When you decide to opt-in, the fee will be added to your student bill, just like it used to be.
- Do I have to wear a mask?In accordance with the PA Department of Health's updated order regarding universal face coverings issued on Tuesday, November 17, Campus Rec & Wellness will be implementing a mandatory mask policy at all times while in the facility. You will be required to wear a mask entering the facility, using equipment, participating in group fitness, playing sports and walking around the facility. Members who fail to comply will be asked to leave.
- What are you doing to make it safe?We are limiting the number of people in the facility at a one time, spacing out all of our equipment and having breaks throughout the day to fully clean the facility without students in the area.
- What is the Rec Center going to offer?Limited Group Fitness Classes, Small Team Leagues and tournaments, reservable cardio equipment and workout slots.
- How does the reservation system work?You have multiple options. The easiest method would be going to IMLeagues.com and signing in. When you are signed in, you will be able to see what is available to register for. If IMLeagues is not your forte, you can either call the Front Desk at (570) 422-2970 or come into the Mattioli Rec Center to reserve your spot
- Can we play basketball?Unfortunately we will not be able to allow full court basketball or games. We will allow one person per basketball hoop to shoot around.