These procedures will assist in sending out different types of mailing and special services.
These procedures apply to any space being assigned to any department or individual for the first occupancy or as an alternate space.
- Upon receiving notice of space assignment from the Manager of Space/IT in Facilities Management, the affected individual or department should request a coordination meeting with the Manager of Campus Care/Structural Repair. The meeting will outline the following:
- Establish time frames for packing, move, and/or setup.
- Organize move of special electrical or furniture needs.
- Organize move of specialized equipment including copier (using contracted vendors, if necessary), computers (using the Computing Center staff), and any chemicals (in consultation with the Director of Health and Safety).
- Establish any needs for boxes and/or packing material.
- Arrive at an understanding of how long the affected department or individual may be expected to remain in transit.
- Packed boxes must not exceed 50lbs.
- Personal items must be moved by individual owners.
- Any fragile item(s) requiring special care must be prepared for move taking into consideration the possibility of damage during transit. The move of such items must be discussed with the Manager of Campus Care/Structural Repair beforehand. Fragile items include but are not limited to glass encased paintings, trophies, and memorabilia.
- Each box to be moved must be clearly labeled with an identifying number and clearly state the final destination (e.g. Room 246 KFH or Trash).
- Perishable items, plants, or food items may be moved by Facilities Management staff if they are properly packed and it is understood that such items may be damaged or destroyed in transit.
- Before packing files, consider storage availability at the new assigned location and pack accordingly.
- Seriously consider discarding, shredding, and/or disposing of and unnecessary records, files, or literature.