The East Stroudsburg University Hardship Grant will be based on the listed criteria and approved conditions by the Administration and Management.
- Current ESU degree-seeking undergraduate students enrolled in at least six on-campus credits for the upcoming semester. Summer Sessions, Study Abroad and Exchange programs do not qualify for the Hardship Grant funding.
- Domiciled in Pennsylvania (resident).
- FAFSA completed and on file with ESU for the academic year.
- Demonstrated need based on last dollar calculations. Total aid is not to exceed cost of attendance.
- Completed Student Hardship application form. Maintenance of satisfactory academic progress as defined by the University's policy for federal financial aid recipients.
- The award of grants is contingent upon the availability of funds.
- The Student Hardship Grant is administered by a joint committee with members from the following offices: Enrollment Management, Business Office and President's Office.
- An annual report on the continued operation of the Student Hardship Grant Fund will be jointly completed by the Student Enrollment Center and the Business Office using the Miscellaneous Educational and General Funding Sources Institutional Scholarship Template.
- Application forms will be available in the Student Enrollment Center. Students are to return completed forms to the Center by the last day of continuing student registration for the upcoming semester.
- The Business Office will monitor the university's contribution to the Student Hardship Grant Fund.
- The Student Enrollment Center will notify students of the application status and post approvals to student's records. Hardship funds will not be part of a student's financial aid award letter.
- Funds are one-time awards for the academic year and cannot be carried over for the duration of degree completion. Students may reapply in subsequent years. However, reapplication does not signify automatic approval.
- The submission of the application is considered an appeal for last dollar funding. The decision of the committee is final.
- The minimum award that will be granted is $500. The maximum award will be determined annually based on the availability of funds.
Available at the Student Enrollment Center
Other Related Information:
Dawn Vigilante Wolfe, Enrollment Management, (570) 422-2855, firstname.lastname@example.org