The travel and tourism industry is one of the largest, most dynamic industries in the world.
Students of the Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management program are introduced to this exciting industry and will be prepared to enjoy a successful career in the travel and tourism industry.
The Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management Bachelor of Science degree has three concentration options for majors: Hotel Management, Restaurant Management or Tourism Management. All courses are taught by faculty who combine excellent academic credentials with a strong professional background.
The Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management program is further enhanced through activities supported by the hospitality industry. Students participate in hotel and restaurant shows, tour hospitality facilities, listen to industry speakers, attend career days, and conduct special projects for the industry.
Hotel Restaurant and Tourism Management Program Mission Statement
To develop competent and ethical hospitality management professionals who:
- Understand the challenging demands of the global industry;
- Value life-long learning; and
- Will commit to the high standards of the hospitality industry.
HRTM students will:
- Demonstrate and apply evaluate content knowledge in the field of hospitality and tourism management.
- Identify and contrast theoretical and practical experiences necessary to become successful industry professional.
- Utilize and develop skills in critical thinking, effective communication and leadership.
- Recognize and support the merits of community service, ethical behavior and social responsibility.