Earn a credential that gives you additional expertise in order to enter the meetings, expositions, events and conventions (MEEC) and hospitality industries.
Students who earn the Event Planning Management Minor learn how to coordinate and manage corporate meetings, exhibitions, conferences, and special events.
Courses within the minor cover a wide array of topics including:
The minor, which consists of 18 credits, prepares students for jobs including corporate meeting planner, event planner, wedding planner, and meeting and convention specialist.
Core Courses (12 credits)
- HRTM 101: Introduction to the Hospitality and Tourism Industries (3 credits)
- HRTM 201: Principals of Event Management (3)
- HRTM/RECR 350: Special Event & Program Planning (3)
- HRTM 436: Meeting & Convention Planning and Management (3)
Electives (6 credits)
- HRTM 211: Principles of Food & Beverage Management (3 credits)
- HRTM 261: Club Management (3)
- HRTM 213: Wine Appreciation and Wine Management (3)
- HRTM 311: Haute Cuisine & Oenology (3)
- CMST 255: Introduction to Public Relations1 (3)
- MCST 356: PR Cases and Strategies1 (3)
- MGT 363: Entrepreneurship & New Venture1 (3)
- SMGT 445: Organization & Administration of Sport Operations1 (3)
1HRTM Students need to choose at least one of these non-hospitality elective courses.
ESU has partnered with Credly, the digital credential platform leader best known for verifying skills and knowledge earned through specific coursework. Credly makes talent more visible and opportunity more accessible for those who earn the proficiencies.
- Complete specific curriciulm in areas of expertise as part of earning your degree.
- Earn electronic badges from Credly, endorsing your knowledge in these specific areas.
- Use your badge on electronic resumes, job appliations and job posting sites to get a competitive advantage.